Maternity jackets/coats.......

ChloesMummy

Reaction score
i have been online looking for one for days now and i just cant find one i like at a reasonable price (dont really want to go over £50 max) There just doesnt seem to be much option, or am i looking a bit too early? I am desperate for one its freezing, any ideas ladies? Thanx x

I looked for ages, and the best ones I could see were from TopShop or Red Herring, but they weren't in the shops. They were last seasons styles being sold on Ebay. Even brand new they were only £40-£50.:happydance:

yeh i was wondwering this also. Atho im not big at the mo its bloody cold and im die in march so it will still be cold then so at least we all get r wear out of them. Not much on ebay. Mybe i should look at usa ebay

I have been looking too,I don't want to spend tons on a maternity coat.
I got a long cardigan type thick wool from Mothercare,its doing ok at keeping me warm,though I would like to get hold of a jacket.

I go a "normal" one in new look coz i couldn't get a maternity one anywhere. it's double breasted and only buttons @ the top so plenty of room for expansion!
Was £55

Link:
https://www.newlook.co.uk/1494369/149436943/ProductDetails.aspx

I've been using last years coat with a sweater underneath, leaving belly area buttons undone. Then I use a belt underneath my bust to give me some form. (I'm pregnant, not dead, after all). I've actually gotten some nice compliments about the look!

Hi girls
My hubby brought me a great coat last week in the Debenhams sale, it was £56 reduced from £70 - its just black has 3 buttons and I can wear to work as well as casual
He got some big brownie points for that purchase, especially the other day in the freezing cold [and snow!]
The make is Red Herring Maternity
x

Hi girls
My hubby brought me a great coat last week in the Debenhams sale, it was £56 reduced from £70 - its just black has 3 buttons and I can wear to work as well as casual
He got some big brownie points for that purchase, especially the other day in the freezing cold [and snow!]
x

I have a coat like this too, mines a swing style black coat, also Red Herring Maternity, got 2 sets of 3 black buttons down the front. Very nice. Mine was £55 from the new range I think but so far very worth it!

Seems like a few of us are in this situation, I posted this yestday in pregnancy club and so did another lady,If you go on one of them some nice lady has put a few links up with nice maternity coats on
X

Hi girls
x

I have a coat like this too, mines a swing style black coat, also Red Herring Maternity, got 2 sets of 3 black buttons down the front. Very nice. Mine was £55 from the new range I think but so far very worth it!

Yeah mines the same one but the longer version - it will last the whole pregnancy so I think its worth it!
x

I got a cool Topshop parka from Ebay last week for £10! I am well chuffed with it :happydance::happydance:

I've just got a normal coat in a bigger size, I got a size 20 so it should do me right through winter!

It's a South padded parka coat, was brand new with tags from e-Bay and I got it for £10.49!

I'm on the hunt for a 'nice' coat now, I did see a gorgeous Next swing coat on eBay, brand new again, but I forgot the bidding was ending and missed it, damn!

That wasn't maternity, but will do the job just as well as a swing coat will accommodate a bump quite easily! xxx

Ive just bought a military style coat from Topshop for £65.00

https://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/..._category_rn=42391&productId=872463&langId=-1

Its bang on trend and will look fab with my new flat over the knee boots from office!

I absolutely loved this coat from Blooming marvelous but they are all sold out:hissy::cry:

https://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=m-coats&ProductID=12503&language=en-GB

Im so gutted, I know its expensive but Im only 14 weeks and would have done me right through!!!!:hissy:

Thanks to Lulu today for mentioning New Look for coats.

What about this one - I think it's gorgeous!

https://www.newlook.co.uk/1541234/154123401/ProductDetails.aspx

EDIT - only on stock for sizes 10 or 12! Maybe they'll have one in my local store though, I'm going to try.

I didn't want to spend loads on a maternity coat that I would only wear for a few months, especially when I have nice non-maternity coats and jackets that I bought last winter that I can't fit into, so I got a double breasted military style coat which only buttons halfway down, so has room for the bump - it was £17 in Primark! Had to get one 2 sizes bigger than my 'normal' size because of my boobs, but for £17 if I never wear it again after Feb it's done it's job!

I got two coats from Primark - both swing style with 3/4 sleeves (I have short arms!) One is a longish grey wool style and the other is a short black jacket! £17 and £13! Perfect fit over the bump and will probably last me til well after the birth as there is plenty room to expand but also looks fine on a non-pg figure!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->