• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

maternity jeans help

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I know I have posted a thread before about maternity clothes, but here I am again lol.. Sorry!

Anyways, I have two pairs of stretchy jeans that are mid rise and fit me now because they are so stretchy, but when I sit down, the band rolls down and then when I stand up it stays that way because some times I don't notice and it looks ridiculous lol. It also begins to hurt towards the end of the day due to the button pushing into my belly. Motherhood Maternity is having a BOGO sale on jeans right now. That is where I got my jeans with my daughter and I think I had two or three pairs. I THINK I had mediums, but I'm not sure because my mom "accidentally" sold them at her garage sale! OOPS. I will be 8 weeks on saturday and have my first scan on Wednesday and was going to try to wait until after then to buy any maternity jeans, but since this sale is going on, I don't want to wait lol. Plus I figure I can buy them and not wear them until after my scan because I probably won't even receive them until next week anyways.

Now here is my dilemma..how many pairs should I buy? I think I had 2 or 3 my last pregnancy and I just can't decide on 2 or 4 lol. I know I could always buy 2 to start and I don't know why I'm making this a big dilemma, but I am lol.

Also, I am more of a skinny jean type of person because I can wear them with boots, flats, sandals, anything and they usually are more stretchy materials. But both pairs of my last maternity jeans i know were bootcut. Is it worth it to buy a pair of bootcut jeans incase or should I stick to what I am used to?? I also am concerned that maybe skinny jeans, even maternity, will be uncomfortable?

Sorry for my rambling and nonsense! lol

Oh and also they have free shipping until midnight tonight! lol

I'm late to the party, but I'd get 1 boot and 2 skinnies is that's what you like to wear. Also get a belly band or two...you cane wear the jeans you have, but unzipped that way.

Lol that's fine! The sale is still going on :p that's kind of what I was thinking of going with :) I have a belly band that I got with my daughter but I absolutely hated it:( maybe I will try it again and like it this time? Who knows! Worth a try!

Do you have bootcut regular jeans? Do you ever wear them? If not, I wouldn't bother with bootcut maternity jeans. If you only have 2 or 4 pairs of jeans, why buy jeans you don't like?

I don't wear skinny jeans, but they seem popular even in maternity, so they must be comfortable. And you can return them if you need to.

As for 2 or 4 pairs, how often do you wear jeans? How often do you do laundry? If you wear them every day, I'd go for 4 pairs. If you only wear them on weekends, 2 should probably do you. And since you've been pregnant before and have an idea of how you are pregnant, if you think your size might change, I'd get 2 and then buy more later.

Also, if you're looking for a bargain, have you tried ebay or craigslist or thrift stores? I have more maternity jeans than a sane person needs, but I got them as a bundle secondhand for dirt cheap, so I'm really hoping I don't have to buy any when I'm hugely pregnant.

Thanks for your help! I had both pairs of my maternity jeans last time bootcut, but I tucked them both into my boots which was a pain. I absolutely loved my jeans from motherhood and I got them when I was 11weeks and wore them up until the day I had my daughter. I got a pair of skinny jeans I think at target or old navy and the belly band broke after only a few times and I hated them! But you're right.. I can always return them!:)

And well I don't get around to doing laundry much! Lol. And I can wear leggings during the week, but also wear jeans a lot.

Ok, then I'd say 4 pairs of skinny! Or maybe 3 skinny and 1 bootcut if you think you might need them at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"