maternity leave letter?????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by passengerrach, Oct 20, 2008.

1. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

firstly sorry iv posted like 3 times 2day lol u must be sick of me.

but i was wondering what did u all write in ur maternity leave letter i have no idea what to put do u just put the date u plan to leave?
    sorry so confused

2. krissie1234uk

I just wrote that I was pregnant (they knew already but I needed to confirm it in writing), my EDD, that I wanted to take 39 weeks maternity leave and asked them to confirm if I would be entitled to SMP. I said when I was planning on finishing and when I was planning on returning, but that if I wanted to change the date I would give the appropriate notice. I also wrote that I wanted to take some holidays before mat. leave.
    I didnt have my MAT B1 form when I wrote my letter, so I also put that I would give them this when I received it from my midwife, and gave them a date of when I was expecting to get it.
    I think I included everything that I needed to, and probably added bits I didn't!

3. Shifter

Shifter Guest

I've been wondering about this too, so thanks for the ideas :)

4. mrs shine

mrs shine Well-Known Member

I used the one on the maternity Tiger tool on the direct.gov.uk website as it gives you a maternity leave calendar and other handy info too. The letter it generated was really detailed so I hacked bits out of it in but it gave me a really good starting point

5. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

do u have to tell them how long your planing to take i ddnt think they had to i thought they had to assume u were takin all the time you could

6. krissie1234uk

No I don't think you need to tell them when you are going to return, just when you want to finish. I just told them because I plan to be back on that date, like I said, I added bits :blush: