Maternity Leave ?

Mona_Linda

1st Baby !
Reaction score
I know a lot of us in this particular forum are young, and might not have jobs, but for those of you who do, When do you think is a good time to go on maternity leave ?I think I kinda decided that I wanna keep working until my water breaks, but OH says that might not be a good idea and that I should stop when I get tired or when I feel like it's too much, but the thing is, I ALREADY FEEL LIKE THAT ! ! !
I hate waking up, I hate talking to the customers, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it ! !
Plus, I get way to stressed at work and It makes me feel a little bit guilty but I can't help it, I also know that it's way to early to go on maternity leave now... I'm only 26 weeks pregnant, and I know we need the money, Sooooo I'm pretty stuck on what to do.... Help ?

I went on mat leave when I was 29 Weeks (the minimum) I felt the same at work as you except I was being paid pittance I couldn't even live off my wage! They put me down to 6 hours when I told them I was pregnant. Luckily my maternity allowance could be based on any 13 Weeks' wage I chose within a period so I submitted my 3 best paycheques and am getting double what I would have at work! Although I think that runs out soon...

incidentally I went into labour the week after I went on leave... Lucky they stopped it but the last 6 Weeks of my pregnancy after that involved a lot of hospital so it was probably the best time to take mat leave anyway :)

I stopped when I felt as if it was too much. However for me that wasn't until I was 37 weeks pregnant. :haha:
LO was born a little over a week later.

I wanted to push it as far back as I could stand, though. That way I'd have more time off with LO when he actually arrived. I had a fairly easy pregnancy, however. Itty bitty belly and very little stress until the few final weeks. I'd say just trust yourself. When it's to much stress and taking a toll on your body, then start your leave.

I'm due October 14th, so I put my leave in at 38 weeks which happens to be October 1st. Nice easy date to go off of. Of course, with my work schedule and days off, I ended up getting off from September 25th, but my "leave" isn't until October.

Im thinking about taking mine at 36 weeks, so I can get stuff ready, spend time with LO and have some me time while LO is at nursery before the baby comes :)

I would've gone on maternity leave when I went into labor or was induced.

I intended to work until 36 weeks (I had 4 weeks holiday to take!)
But due to health problems that made me collapse twice, I stopped working at 30 weeks on the advice of the hospital :flower:

I'm working to 33 weeks the 23rd dec, not as late as I was thinking but I go off then and my Mat leave doesn't actually start until the 3rd feb and I'm due the 13th, as I've got that many holidays to take it's how it's worked out :) go back early December 2014 x

You should accept what your OH say to you. Over work can do some thing wrong for you.
Wish you best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->