Maternity leave

M

MarchMummy11

is far too over-rated. I spent months looking forward to being able to finish work...less then 2 weeks later and I want to be back there :dohh:

I have never ever been so bored in my life, there really is only so much housework and preparing you can do. My floors and cupboards sparkle now! :haha:

Most of my friends live an hours bus ride away as well (I don't drive) so there's no one I can really hang out with and being as we're in the process of moving I can't really be spending money on silly stuff like buses.

I'm going to go craaaaaaaaaazy :haha::sleep:

Anybody else missing work?

To avoid this situation I decided I was going to go on leave at 38 weeks. However, that feels really far away now because my SPD is getting worse and I'm tired alot. But then I think if I *was* at home on may leave I'd just be totally bored.

I sympathise with your situation! Both options have their pitfalls.

Yes!! iv had to take maternity early (spd and other issues) so iv been off 3 weeks and have another 6 to go (poss 8 but I can't even entertain that idea ATM!). I have a list of tasks/jobs to do before the baby arrives but I am rationing myself to one or two a day else il be completely fed up once iv done it all! In the mean time I'm doing my little "job" for the day then I feel really weird! I sort of wander about aimlessly, flicking through tv channels, pottering etc...I went into town yesterday and ended up spending money on rubbish I didn't need just to pass an hour or two! I am slightly limited as to what I can do because of my spd but I do miss my colleagues-I am used to being in an open plan office of about 12 women who are chatting/gossiping all day! Now it's me and a rabbit ha ha!

Hugs to you! I feel your boredom! x

I'm not really missing work, but I think physically I could have worked this week as well so a bit gutted I took it as annual leave! Mentally I was ready to finish. It was a horrible atmosphere when I left as they had recently made redundancy announcements.

I have so far since I have been off tidied the bedroom and put away about a weeks worth of washing (my pet hate!) re arranged all of hubby's clothes as there was no order to them!!, blitzed the bedroom, cleaned out and re-arranged all my kitchen cupboards (may I had gross and how cliche lol!) And I have just finished cleaning the whole kitchen, waiting for the floor to dry and then will make some lunch and move onto the lounge and just general housework. I am so glad I live in a flat, this nesting and boredom malarky could have killed me if we lived in a big house!!

Fingerscrossed all the housework will help our lil ones on their eviction (although you have a couple more weeks than me, so maybe more cleaning for you ;-) )

Mmmm now what to have for lunch and watch on the sky planner lol!

xx

The only other thing to do is to read lots of different books on babies and lots of novels to pass the time. I can't wait until my maternity leave is here so that I can just relax as my job is sooo stressful and busy at times. I've got tasks listed too but other than that nothing much more to do. My friend only lives not far away so it's not so bad. I can understand though. I've read in magazines that one idea is to see what is on locally for the baby like parent groups etc as this will help when baby arrives

I don't really miss the people at work as everyone there was related so it was a bit bitchy at times. I miss having something to do other than cleaning though.
I don't officially start my leave until the 1st Feb but I had 2 weeks holiday to take so took that beforehand. I wish I hadn't.
I was really struggling at work as it involved ladders/lots of bending etc but i'm wishing I had stuck it out for a couple of extra weeks now.
I think i've pretty much eaten double my body weight since being on leave :haha:

OMG i so miss work. I am bored and started my maternity leave 3 weeks ago. We don't have a nursery so can't decorate :( I have an embroidery machine that i have been using but now I am running out of things to make and decorate.

Ugh I finished on Monday due to illness (hyperemesis, anemia, bleeding, all sorts haha!) and I have 12 weeks left till my EDD.
So far though it is just like been off on the sick because Ive been up the hospital like everyday this week besides today!
Im hoping things arent so bad next week so I can just chill and be lazy but knowing me Ill be bored shitless after an hour or two!

How about some crafty things. I'm planning a home birth and I'm currently making big cardboard letters of her name that I'm decorating to stick on the wall next to the birth pool, in hope they keep me going!

How about
jigsaws, knitting, sewing?
pre ordering birthday cards and presents for people who are close to your due date.
updating your amazon wish list with baby things people can buy when the baby arrives.
Reading how to use all the baby gadgets like steriliser, tens machine, etc

Have you got a local library that you can maybe go to an get a load of books out for you and for you to read about the baby. I have been discussing my maternity leave with OH and have decided to go 4 weeks befor baby is due but am going to try and have something to do a day i.e. walk round the park for half an hour, see my mum etc. We are on a tight budget so everything I am doing has to be free.

i am hoping crafty things will get me through too . . i have started looking into knitting and crochet and think it would be nice to make a cuddly toy . i have a while to go yet though 3 full weeks then 4 part time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->