maternity leave???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Madamebelle, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Madamebelle

Madamebelle Mum to Tyler

Im slightly puzzled, i know its early but i need to make sure i get it all right. Ive seen my midwife today at 17+4 i wont see her again till 24+5 she has told me i will get my MAT B1 form then.

My question is can i put in a letter letting my employer know of my intended date to take leave before I get the form. I want to take leave from first day possible due to health issues and its something my DH and I have discussed. I know you have to give them 28 days notice but the day i get my form it to the time i want to go on leave it will be 27 days, so can i give them notice and then give them the form when i get it?

2. louise2710

louise2710 Mummy to Oscar

Im not sure hun, but you should check with HR as its probably company dependant.

3. hulahoop09

hulahoop09 Mum to lg and pg #2

I gave my work notice at approx 15 weeks and when will get MATB1 will pass that onto them. I dont think it would be a problem, maybe have a word with HR/manager?

xx

4. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

at the worst you can try and see what they say lol

5. Madamebelle

Madamebelle Mum to Tyler

I dont have a HR as its a very small company i work for, infact i dont have a clue who i speak to about this sort of thing within this company, but then they havent a clue either, they kept asking me for the MATB1 form which i told them time and time again i didnt get yet, and until i took in something i found in my bounty pack, they didnt believe me. They have no idea what to do when it comes to pregnant women, i feel like ive had to teach them :dohh:

6. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

mine won't accept the letter thing without the form but i don't see my midwife until 25 weeks, but i need the MatB1 now really i want to get it sorted before i totally forget about it :haha: anyway i called my midwife today & she said she's gonna drop it round my house next week :)

7. Madamebelle

Madamebelle Mum to Tyler

Thats lucky Angelbunny. I was told i wont get mine till i see the midwife next. And because ive had to reduce my hours basically to save my job, Ive lost holiday too so I cant even take holiday before going on leave, which would solve this issue. :(

8. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

man that sucks! can't your GP give you the form? they can come from midwife or GP xx

9. Madamebelle

Madamebelle Mum to Tyler

I dont know im due to see them this week, so will ask at the appointment. thanks for that suggestion I will defintely ask.

10. tweedy

tweedy Well-Known Member

i will not see my midwife until 28 weeks, 2nd baby, and she said if i need the form before that, which i do, to call gp and request it, it's just as standard form like a sickline that they fill out and sign, so any one of your care providers can give it, i shouldn't even need an appointment, will just be able to pick it up after 20 weeks.

11. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

my employer needed my form, but i just called the MW and said i need it by ______ she SHOULD have given it to you last time so she should make an effort to get it to you now. good luck x

12. keeks1987

keeks1987 Due baby2 in April

I told them when I wanted to leave, then gave my Matb1 form in

13. firsttimer87

firsttimer87 First-timer expecting

i'd agree ^^ it should be HR dependant and you should be able to give notice now for example and give MATB1 form when you have it x