maternity leave???

Madamebelle

Mum to Tyler
Reaction score
Im slightly puzzled, i know its early but i need to make sure i get it all right. Ive seen my midwife today at 17+4 i wont see her again till 24+5 she has told me i will get my MAT B1 form then.

My question is can i put in a letter letting my employer know of my intended date to take leave before I get the form. I want to take leave from first day possible due to health issues and its something my DH and I have discussed. I know you have to give them 28 days notice but the day i get my form it to the time i want to go on leave it will be 27 days, so can i give them notice and then give them the form when i get it?

Im not sure hun, but you should check with HR as its probably company dependant.

I gave my work notice at approx 15 weeks and when will get MATB1 will pass that onto them. I dont think it would be a problem, maybe have a word with HR/manager?

xx

at the worst you can try and see what they say lol

I dont have a HR as its a very small company i work for, infact i dont have a clue who i speak to about this sort of thing within this company, but then they havent a clue either, they kept asking me for the MATB1 form which i told them time and time again i didnt get yet, and until i took in something i found in my bounty pack, they didnt believe me. They have no idea what to do when it comes to pregnant women, i feel like ive had to teach them :dohh:

mine won't accept the letter thing without the form but i don't see my midwife until 25 weeks, but i need the MatB1 now really i want to get it sorted before i totally forget about it :haha: anyway i called my midwife today & she said she's gonna drop it round my house next week :)

Thats lucky Angelbunny. I was told i wont get mine till i see the midwife next. And because ive had to reduce my hours basically to save my job, Ive lost holiday too so I cant even take holiday before going on leave, which would solve this issue. :(

Thats lucky Angelbunny. I was told i wont get mine till i see the midwife next. And because ive had to reduce my hours basically to save my job, Ive lost holiday too so I cant even take holiday before going on leave, which would solve this issue. :(

man that sucks! can't your GP give you the form? they can come from midwife or GP xx

I dont know im due to see them this week, so will ask at the appointment. thanks for that suggestion I will defintely ask.

i will not see my midwife until 28 weeks, 2nd baby, and she said if i need the form before that, which i do, to call gp and request it, it's just as standard form like a sickline that they fill out and sign, so any one of your care providers can give it, i shouldn't even need an appointment, will just be able to pick it up after 20 weeks.

my employer needed my form, but i just called the MW and said i need it by ______ she SHOULD have given it to you last time so she should make an effort to get it to you now. good luck x

I told them when I wanted to leave, then gave my Matb1 form in

i'd agree ^^ it should be HR dependant and you should be able to give notice now for example and give MATB1 form when you have it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->