maternity nurse advice

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by abi-md21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. abi-md21

abi-md21 New Member

Hi, can anyone tell me if there is much work for young maternity nurses out there, as it seams like famillies want older, mature ladys. Im 21 and doing a maternity practitioners course in october, i have always wanted to look after newborns and have plenty newborn experience.
    I also want to become a night nurse.
    Any advice would be a great help.
    Thank you.
    Abi.

2. sam*~*louize

sam*~*louize Well-Known Member

Couldn't tell you about work, but in my opinion...when I was in labour I wouldn't have cared if nurse was young, old, smelly, hairy or bald lmao, as long as she was helping!

3. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i found the younger mw's nurses better they was more understanding to me than the older ones.

4. abi-md21

abi-md21 New Member

Thank you both for your replys. Your babies are soooo cute. Im looking forward to the day when i have one of my own to keep and not give back lol. x

5. Panda_Ally

Panda_Ally Well-Known Member

I had astudent that couldnt have been older than 21 and she was fantastic!!! I could have cared less about the midwife/nurse as long as they know what they are doing thats all that matters!! Good luck!!

6. abi-md21

abi-md21 New Member

Thank you. Iv always wanted to work with newborns, i have alot of knowledge and im very friendly so hopefully i will do well. x

7. Nemo and bump

Nemo and bump mummy of 1 daughter

i had six different midwives during my labour/emergency csection and i really related to the slightly maturer ones. my opinion was you haven't had a baby so how would you know the pain/fear etc lol. my friend though liked the younger ones as she could relate to her.