Maternity Towels

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Ok, Might sound a bit dim here but......

I didn't buy maternity towels I bought sanitry towels (but the thicker ones) and some normal & normal Plus...........Will I be ok??

Is there really a diff between Maternity & thick S.towels??:blush:

I was told to get the thin MAT towels ... something about after birth seeing how much you bleed ... ask Imi lol was her that said to me :D

i was also told to get the thickest pads going as they are really soft and provide a little cushion to your bits when there sore

i was also told to get the thickest pads going as they are really soft and provide a little cushion to your bits when there sore

Thats what I got, I got the thick s.pads tho they are soft too!

Eeek....have I made a terrible mistake?

I wouldn't know ... I'd imagine theres no diff but maybe a reason why they are called MAT pads lol I was told I needed both not just the thin ones ... but advice may vary between hospitals as we all know so well :lol: You have time to pop out anyway or your OH for you?

i went through loads as i bled for quite a while, so im sure u will use them to? i just found the maternity ones really soft so i liked them, or them massive fat granny looking ones :rofl:

id recomend the thickest ones you can get, i will be getting mat ones to start off with for the first few days, my blood loss after Coby was very heavy, normal san pads didnt hold it.

After about 2 or 3 days it should ease off a bit then you can wear san pads :)

x

i got the kotex night time ones(look like sleeping bags lol) were comfy to sit on and tho i walked like john wayne they were gr8! i wore 2 at a time for the 1st day tho lol, MW told me to, saved a few pairs of trousers tho!!!

maternity pads aint really tht diff from sanitary pads tho :D

lol i used the sleep time ones too, i used 2 at nighttimes, it was like wearing a nappy lol

So helpfuly tho, like you say, saved alot of knickers and Pj bottoms, even bedsheets at times!

x

yea was like a nappy!!! lol! i pinched a couple of incontinence pads(the sheets u lie on in hosp) for my bed lol, so i didnt ruin sheets!!!!

thats a good idea, i might try and grab a couple of those for after.

They are the same as the pampares care mats arnt they?

c

yea thts right hun! lol, they were a god send :D

cool, i will defo try to steel some of them, thanks for the tip :D

I noticed on Coby that when i breastfeed i bleed more, used to leak everywehre, not nice! so hopefuly this will save me sitting on a black bin liner lol

x

yea! u seem to contract kinda(afterpains) wen BF so u go guuush lol!

Well, I checked my s.towels lastnight and they have a top sheet with little teeny holes in.....OH thought I was going mental "inspecting" them!

I'm going to nip to boots in a bit and buy some mat towels.....was thinking if I need stiches I wouldn't like the top sheet rubbing me....eeek!!

Would rather be safe and have them and I'll defo use them anyway so off I go to buy some!!

xxx

i pinched a couple of incontinence pads(the sheets u lie on in hosp) for my bed lol, so i didnt ruin sheets!!!!

Thanks for the tip.....I'll be "borrowing" some too!! I'd cry if I messed up my lovely bedsheets!

lol glad to know im not the only one who "borrows" things :rofl:

What are pampers mats and would they wrok just as well? Incase I can't get those lol Seems like a good tip :D

Most hospitals like you to use heres as sometimes if you loss is alot they weight the towels to see how much your losing ....

thick towels are great for the first couple of days depending on your loss BUT like i say most hospitals like you to use there's.

xxx

What are pampers mats and would they wrok just as well? Incase I can't get those lol Seems like a good tip :D

there just like portable and disposable changing mats, get them in boots :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->