Maternity Towels

Sorry if this is TMI - but do the towels ever stick to your ladybits due to the blood??
The thought of that with stitches brings tears to my eyes :-(

i had stitches and no the pads didnt stick to me, they gave me extra support and padding so helped me sit down.

ive also bought guaze strips from mothercare, u put them in the freezer and can use them down there to help with the pain from stitches. never tried them with zane, wish i did

i just used tesco ones initially and then went to always nighttime with wings - but they do say you should use proper maternity ones so you can spot signs of infection.

I've been told the always night pads are really good and you don't feel like you've got a brick between your legs :flower:

Lady's in the breastfeeding clinic that I run said that the kotex nighttime pads are really good as they are cotton lined and don't make u sweat. Will get some maternity pads too though x

I've bought Mothercare mat towels with wings. Although it's my first baby, I knew wings would be a priority to better protect my underwear. I'm taking old pants to the hospital though, so if there is leakage it doesn't matter if I just end up chucking them away.

This may sound like a daft question, but when people say they wore 2 towels at the same time, do you mean one on top of the other, or one in front of the other?

Also, I may end up having a c section as baby is still breech - again, it may be a daft question, but is the bleeding any different when you have a CS?

I wore one right to the front of my knickers, and the other right to the back, so they cross over in the middle, right where everything is sore. xx

I've bought Mothercare mat towels with wings. Although it's my first baby, I knew wings would be a priority to better protect my underwear. I'm taking old pants to the hospital though, so if there is leakage it doesn't matter if I just end up chucking them away.

This may sound like a daft question, but when people say they wore 2 towels at the same time, do you mean one on top of the other, or one in front of the other?

Also, I may end up having a c section as baby is still breech - again, it may be a daft question, but is the bleeding any different when you have a CS?

Apparently the bleeding is about the same as they don't 'suck' that much out when they do the op :)

This may sound like a daft question, but when people say they wore 2 towels at the same time, do you mean one on top of the other, or one in front of the other?Also, I may end up having a c section as baby is still breech - again, it may be a daft question, but is the bleeding any different when you have a CS?

at one time i wore 4 at a time and they basicly over lapped each other side to side in a pair of granny pants. so much like using wings i was protected at the sides and the over lapped bits added support for down there lol

I bought maternity pads from Tesco & Boots but they didn't have wings so would move all over the place and I leaked lots the first couple of days until I remembered I had bought the wrong pads ages ago (before LO was even thought of :haha:) which were Always Maxi Plus with wings and they were SO much better than the maternity ones - I didn't leak at all when using them. I used those for the first 2 weeks and now I'm using normal Always pads with wings as the bleeding has calmed down to almost nothing.

Oh yikes, the memories are making me wince! Not looking forward to this part. I'm glad to see some recommendations for pads because last time I just used Tesco Value sanitary towels, unaware they disguise infection.

eek, this has really scared me! didnt event think about it, I have bought tesco maternity pads but may need to get a variety in. I thought you only bled for a few days ! Silly me!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"