maternity wear

spicyorange

Reaction score
Just wondering, when did your clothes get tight and not fit and when did you switch to maternity wear?

I haven't been able to wear my jeans since I found out!! I am SO bloated. I can zip them but they are just too uncomfortable for me to wear. I've just been wearing more stretchy pants or dresses instead. And I'm only 7 weeks!!

With my first, I totally couldn't wear my regular pants from the get-go because of what the above poster described- just too uncomfortable any bit of pushing on my belly. However, I couldn't really fit into maternity clothes until into my second trimester sometime because you do kinda need a bit of a bump for a lot of it (but not all of it).
This time, I'm considering pulling some of them out already (I already have a little mommy tummy anyway...) because while it's not uncomfortable in the same way, I am already getting so bloated I'm already starting to look pregnant (don't know how that's possible!)

I haven't gotten any maternity clothes yet but I haven't worn any of my jeans since about 6 weeks. My bloat is CRAZY. It's been leggings, yoga pants, and pjs for me haha. I work at home so it works!

Good luck. Don't feel ashamed to buy maternity jeans, when you need them you need them!

I didn't show at all until 6 months and wore my regular clothes until then. Every person is different though

this is happening to me too. I am just 6 weeks and started to feel very uncomfortable when I button my jean, so I have to wear it unbutton. My husband said since I m too early there is no way my jean not fit me already and he think it is more of the psychology - in my head kind of thing, but now you ladies mentions about bloating I think I am not making stuff up. For this reason, we went to maternity store and tried on some pant so I could wear to work but unfortunately, you need a little bump in order for the pant/jean to look right and not bagging around the butt/thigh, however, the belly band was so comfortable. We ended up with buying new black sweat pant instead.

With ds was 12 weeks
Not sure this time but suspect will be later as I have recently lost a couple of stone and dropped a couple of sizes. This also means all my lovely maternity stuff I kept is no good!

I bought maternity trousers last time at about 8 weeks as i felt wider so my regular trousers dug in. Im nearly 7 weeks now and just a little bloated so will be hanging fire for a while and then shopping for new bits x

with my first about 12 weeks
this is baby number 4 and I alreasdy have a mummy tummy if you like.. I could pretty much show a decent bump already as its just a case of not hiding it anymore lol x

I'm 6 weeks and a half now and I haven't noticed any changes except my boobs are bigger. I think I may need to get refitted for a bigger bra in a month ha ha. Pants etc are all still fitting the same as before. No bloat or anything so I'm lucky :)

This morning I am 12 weeks & wearing maternity jeans & maternity top. My normal jeans haven't been comfy for about three weeks and now I have a neat little bump that can be seen in my normal clothes anyway so why not :shrug:

With my first I held out with normal clothes for as long as possible. I was still in normal jeans with a bump band at 30 weeks!! This time around I'm embracing my bump - even if it is mostly bloat right now :)

This must only be a thin woman's problem lol! I'm plus sized and wear regular clothes until the end. I don't even think plus sized maternity exists! I do stop wearing jeans though only because where the button / zipper is uncomfortable but I wear a lot of leggings on a regular basis so it's not an issue. I say if you feel you need it go for it! I doubt there is a set time frame as all women are so different. Xx

My work trousers are uncomfortable but it well be obvious if I change them do I'm trying to hold out as lung as I can, it's bloat really as I'm only 6+5

Work pants were my first purchase last time. Driving was just too uncomfortable. I kept going a size up til 10 weeks when I caved and got black trousers. They were so comfy!
This time around I'm still in my size up pants (mommy tummy) so not in maternity yet!

I am so tempted! I'm still unsure of how far along i am so I'm hoping that the midwife will be able to shed some light on that when i see her on thursday. i feel like i need some sort of confirmation from a medical professional to agree that i am pregnant and them I'm on the hunt for stretchy clothes/ maternity wear.
my tummy is just so bloated its hanging over my work trousers! ( living out of my pj bottoms whilst I'm in the house :D

I was well over 20 weeks first time round!! Barely had a bump until about week 24. I used the old hair bobble through the trousers trick for a while too.

My pants started getting too tight around 7-8 weeks. I probably could've braved the muffin-top for a while but the fact is, tighter clothes make the nausea worse.
Sure, it might just be bloating but even the regular tightness of some of my clothes was making the morning sickness worse so I began opting for more loose fitting clothes.

This must only be a thin woman's problem lol! I'm plus sized and wear regular clothes until the end. I don't even think plus sized maternity exists! I do stop wearing jeans though only because where the button / zipper is uncomfortable but I wear a lot of leggings on a regular basis so it's not an issue. I say if you feel you need it go for it! I doubt there is a set time frame as all women are so different. Xx

Actually you can find plus-size maternity clothes if you look, although it's certainly not easy and the styles are limited. I'm plus-sized, and only 11 weeks, but my pants haven't been fitting comfortably for a couple of weeks already. Most of my tops will be fine for a while, but I've bought some maternity pants which are still a little too big and some leggings. I'm planning on switching to dresses soon (which I normally never wear) just because I'm finding waistbands so uncomfortable. I did find a local online store that seems to have some nice plus-sized maternity clothes, so I'm going to try them out too.

Oh that's great. I will wear dresses in summer but I live in cold canada. I don't think I will really need them (plus sized maternity ) anyway. Where I shop everything will fit and I'm fortunate my office is casual. So for now like it's cold I can wear knee boots and leggings tops sweaters etc. I'm hiding my pregnancy for now at work. Old Navy has a maternity line as well and I can't wait for it to get warm to grab a couple sexy maxi dresses and show off my big belly. I'm not shy lol

With my first pregnancy I didn't need maternity clothes until well into 2nd tri (although I did wear some as was so proud of my tiny bumpette). With my 2nd, I grew really fast and was in maternity trousers by 10 weeks as normal ones just wouldn't fasten. This time, I'm only 6 weeks and only wear normal trousers when I go out -it's jama bottoms all the way! Buy and wear what you want to stay comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->