mattress advice?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by lisa_33, Apr 26, 2009.

1. lisa_33

lisa_33 Well-Known Member

just on the off chance anyone new of best matress to get, so need a new one as my back is killing me, been looking online but there are tons and i dont know whats best xx

2. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Im the same mattress is uncomfortable. Im looking for a memory foam mattress topper to go on mine to make it more comfortable x

3. lisa_33

i had thought of that but my matress is really bad, it has to go! was hurting my back before i got pregnant so its just a nightmare now xx

4. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Well one bit of advice is don't go for a Tempur one! We spent a fortune on one just before i got my BFP then my doctor told me they aren't good for bad backs! I thought she was talking crap coz you hear such good things about them but my physio had a similar opinion. I like mine though and i have slept in our spare room for a few nights to campare the airsprung Silent night one we have in there and i saw no difference. Its soooo hard to choose! Good luck x x x

5. lisa_33

i thought the tempur one would be the best, but couldnt afford one anyway haha! xx

6. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

7. craftymum

craftymum Mum to Jacob and Jenna

we went to sleepmasters in Jan looking for new mattress and ended up buying complete bed as it was only an extra £50 for base and mattress. Also you're better going to a shop and lying on them as it's hard to tell if it'll be comfy or not unless you test them out. Most shops will leave you alone to do this without hovering over you.