mattress protectors

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by spacebaby, Nov 19, 2011.

1. spacebaby

spacebaby Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend one?

2. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

I've got the Fogarty mattress protector, bought it from Babies R Us and it's really soft and washes fantastically. Still looks new over a year later :)

3. sugarpuff

sugarpuff Well-Known Member

I use green baby mattress protectors, they're a soft cotton thick sheet (with hidden waterproof layer) that you lay over the sheets - they're great for potty training/sickness as you only need to take that off rather than all the sheets as well. I used to use a fitted plastic thing right over the mattress but it felt horrible

4. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

Zachary has an organic lambswool mattress, so it's necessary to use a mattress protector as well.

We bought ours with the mattress from here: https://www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/Bedding/Mattress-Protectors/

It's made of organic cotton with a polyurethane lining inside and it goes under the fitted sheet (though you could happily put it over the top if you want). It feels like a thick, warm sheet, with absolutely no crinkly feel or texture.