Max: Maxwell vs. Maximillian

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
OH is stuck on the name Max for a boy. But silly boy won't let me have the beloved name Ariela for a girl. ;)
I'm hoping to change his mind because our last name is a word name that also begins with "M."
I'm thinking Maximillian M is too much of a mouthful. But there was a kid at a daycare I worked at named Maxwell who I swear existed to irritate me...lol.
We also have friends who have a Maxx...just Maxx, not short for anything.

Opinions?

I'd go for Maxwell, to me Maximillian sounds like a nickname (even though its longer, if that makes sense.) Like my cousins were always Zachary-doo-daa and Jimbob-Bobaloski when we were younger. :haha: they didnt seem that strange until i just typed them out.

I know this is not what you started the thread for but Ariela is BEAUTIFUL! We've settled on Aoife as our first girls name, we also considered Aria and Aurelia.
Good luck with finding a name for both genders!

Generally I'm not a fan of giving first names that are shortened forms of another name, so I would go with Maxwell and call him Max for short as a pet name. For some reason Maximilian always makes me think of someone saying "Thanks a million"! x

Thanks ladies!!!

I just still hope he changes his mind....or finally agrees to a surname change for the baby's sake!
Maxwell Moist is just.......almost mean. Lol!

The surname is Moist? :O

I've always said if I married someone with a funny name, my kid wouldn't have it. Luckily I married a Millar lol.

I love the name maximillian, but my mum is called maxine, so I can't use it as a first name for our little boy! Might still be using it for a middle name though.... x

I would say definitely not Maxwell with Moist!

'well' can mean 'very' in the UK. Max (is) Well Moist. Not good!

Max is my top choice for a boy but I just don't think it's goes with your surname! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->