May 2008 Babies - How Are You All Doing?

Louisa K

Reaction score
Hello Ladies!!

Haven't been on the forum for a while and just wondered how you were all doing, I'm wanted to post a few things about how Louis is getting on and wondered if you would post how your babies are doing, just to compare kinda, I always wonder if I'm doing things right ect... :dohh:

Average Day -

Wakes up about 0700, nappy change and bottle (7oz)
Lay in bed with me until about 0800.
Up, in day time clothes and plays in his jumperoo/playmat/walker.
Breakfast at 0900. Always eats well.
At around 1000 morning nap (1hr)
1100 bottle (7oz)
Play
Around 1400 lunch - 1 small jar (fruit puree). Always eats well.
He always has a short afternoon nap.
Play
1 small jar (usually veg) for dinner around 1700 ish. Bit fussy but does eat.
Always bath time at 1800, LOVES his bath time!
Change for bed, bottle (7oz)
Always asleep at 1900.

Only seems to have about 3/4 bottles a day. This worries me a little.

Nights -

Now nights are odd!
Sometimes he sleeps right through. Sometimes he'll cry every 2/3 hours but doesn't seem to want anything. Most nights he wakes up at 4am for some water, but he deffo won't have milk during the night anymore..

No teeth yet!

Starting to sit up on his own, but not for very long, he just tries to hold himself up then rests on the cushions again.

Favourite thing to do at the mo, scream LOUD, make monster sounds, hold his feet (mostly during nappy changes - not a good look) and pull his socks off.

Says mamamamamama. But nothing else.

No way near crawling!

Doesn't seem to cry much these days :happydance:

So hows your babies getting along?? Would love to here from you all!!

Bella just started eating purees last week. She only eats about 1/2 teaspoon. She's not a fan of rice cereal, just avocados so far.

She LOVES her toes, no where near crawling. She can roll both directions. She still breastfeeds every 3 hours. Only makes monster noises and squeals. laughs all the time. Overall, she's a very happy baby.

hiya, Charlie has just started getting alot better the last few weeks hes crying less and the last week has only been getting up twice a night for feeds im still breastfeeding though planning to stop soon

gets up at 8am
feed about 9am and alos give porridge or baby rice
plays for a bit then has about 45 mins sleep about 11.30
feeds about 1pm and plays again
sleeps about 3ish for about 1 hour
feeds about 4ish and has a few spoons of baby food(usually heinz)
plays then sleeps for about 30 mins at 6.30
feeds and has a bit of baby fod again at 7ish
plays again till 8pm then bath and feed
sleep by 8.30/9.00

and through the night up at 12.30ish and 5am ish for feeds

hes doing lots of baby talk and can now get out the bumbo seat , he can nearlly crawl he can get half way across living room by wiggling on his front as he can lift all his front up and gets on hands and knees and trys moving but collapses after a few mins lol, he can easily roll over now both ways and has started sleeping on his side in his cot xx xx

Our 'routine' sounds more or less the same as yours Louisa, except bath time is in the morning as he gets so wound up after a bath, & Jack still has 4-5 bottles a day. He too had been sleeping through, but for the last 2 days he will only go down for an hr max then wake for a cuddle - I am sleeping on setee as we speak:dohh:
He can sit up on his own for a few mins, trying to crawl, but can't figure it out:rofl: is very noisy growling & 'singing' also says dadada, nanana with a rare mamama:hissy: Is starting to 'clap hands', grabs his feet too & sucks them:blush: can roll over both ways, but still hates being on his tummy!
Good to hear what all the other May babies are up to, all sound as though they are doing great!!!:happydance::happydance::hugs:

Hey everyone! I've got lots of updates on Valerie as well...

-Her day usually begins around 7am.
-Diaper change and breakfast; 5 oz. of milk and jar of fruit.
-Watches a little tv and plays; favorite show is Word World right now.
-Nap (1-2hr.) Will take about 3 oz. of milk before nap
-Lunch; 5 oz. of milk and jar of veggie
-Play; jumperoo time--she loves this!
-Nap (45 min)
-Dinner; 5 oz. of milk and fruit/veggie
-Play until bathtime
-Bedtime routine; bath, story, cuddle
-Milk - 5 oz. of milk
She will sleep for most of the night. Lately she has been waking up around 2am for a bottle. After that she will sleep 'till 7am.

She is rolling over like mad and I'm always finding her in a different spot when I walk back into the living room. She's not crawling, but she's definitely trying. She gets so frustrated with the scooting, haha!

She says mamamama and that is about it. She is very vocal though. Loves to hear herself scream and make raspberry noises. She's definitely going to be a talker, I can tell that.

She hasn't had any teeth come in yet. Just waiting....! Other than that, she's a great baby. She's such a happy baby and of course that makes us happy! :happydance:

Sharlotte was born the last day of May :)

She's still exclusively breastfed though she's had a taste or two of veggies here and there to test her development

She sleeps most nights from 9 to 3 then up for a feed and then she'll sleep till 6 or 7. Most days she naps twice for a couple hours a time. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon.

She spends a lot of time in the exersaucer or sitting in the swing. She watches a little tv and Pooh is her favorite character.

She's 16lbs and over 25 inches long we're in size 2-3 Swaddler Pampers and 6-9mo clothing.

She's starting to give kisses and hugs (sloppily), and she also likes to talk up a storm. She lays in her crib playing with toys and blows raspberries and shouts and 'sings'. She has also started integrating some of the soft consonants into her vocabulary. So her ohhhh and uhhhhh, is now mowwwwwwwww, maaaaaaaaahhhh, bbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh :rofl:

Her hand actions are a lot more controlled and she's a lot more deliberate in her movements; reaching for specific toys or items.

She loves her reflection, and recognizes other people in the mirror, but hasn't made the recognition of 'self' yet.

She makes a bit of an effort to crawl, but she's mostly 'rolling' where she goes...:rofl:

Anyway, sounds like our LOs' are right on track and are absolutely brilliant! :happydance:

Well lets see Brennan

Wakes up between 6-7. We have a diaper change and usually some naked baby time in his crib. Since he doesn't sleep in it, I have loads of toys and such for him to play with.

Then around 8 or so, we have some rice cereal. If I had my choice I would not be feeding him yet, but as we are battling the Fing reflux, the doc said it might help. We have been mixing up a bit of banana and he seems to really like it. Aside from that we are still BFing, and doing so well at it.

After about 2-3 hours he will go down for a nap. Some days that nap is 30 minutes some days it is 2 hours.

The rest of the day is spend playing in the jumperoo, the exercaucer, the crib or on the floor with toys.

He naps every 2-3 hours, but for the past few days has been making it up to 4 hours, which is kinda cool.

He has 2 teeth on the bottom.

Because I have not been able to lay him flat because of the reflux, he is not much of a roller, and no crawling as of yet. It really annoys me. But he can sit up for quite a while now. He sat up through most of our post natal yoga class yesterday, for a go 30 monutes. I was most impressed.

He is not a good sleeper at night yet. Most nights he goes 2-3 hours and wakes up. Some nights it is every hour. I think our night time routine needs some work, but who knows. I feel we have tried everything, and nothing helps keep the little stinker asleep.

He jabbers all the time but nothing in the way of speech yet.

Everywhere I go people comment on how adorable he is, and how much his eyes sparkle. I am sometime suprised by the comments I get and from the people I get them from, namely college aged men.

Bren is finally getting better in the car, and now will fall asleep which is wonderful. I can also now sing to him and he will stop crying, and oddly Patty cake is his favorite.

Max is doing great , he was BF for 4 months and decided he didnt want it anymore:)

He is getting to be quite the handful as hes learning to explore things with his hands and mouth lol everything must pass inspection lol

He is not trying to crawl at all but loves to be standing up so i think he will walk instead of crawling which is what both me and hubby did as babies

He is now eating 3 meals a day and still drinking plenty of milk ..yet staying slim lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->