May be early! Yikes!

Well, I had my growth scan today! Midwife set me up with one after my last appointment because they were concerned by his small size and wanted to be sure everything was okay in there. Turns out he's fine, and she was way off on his size estimate! He's an estimated 7.2 lbs., measuring right on track if not slightly ahead, is a good breather and swallower, umbilical cord and placental function is excellent, and the tech confirmed a very thin cervix and extremely low baby... she said he "could go any day now." :)

Great news! Glad he is doing good! Won't be long now :)

Had my weekly checkup today! A nurse did my cervix check and told me that there's been no progression as far as dilation goes, but my cervix is even thinner, and she was surprised by how hard baby is pushing down on it. I was told that all it will take to nudge me into real labor is "a few good contractions" to get my cervix moving.

She apparently also stimulated my cervix in the hopes of helping that along. She told me she would normally wait until 39 weeks, but I'm otherwise "there" and since the ultrasound was great, she felt comfortable.

I'm with you dill! I was told that I would most likely not make it another 2 weeks at my 35 week appointment...well the 2 week mark from that appointment is coming up next Wednesday and so far I haven't had any more progress minus the fact that baby is in a lower station now...I'm high risk for early labor but I'm wondering if he's going to surprise everyone and be my longest pregnancy which would be past 38 weeks...I know the longer I carry him, the better but I strongly believe some women just bake their babies quicker, and I'd bet that he's done ;) good luck and keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->