Maybe Baby

verily

Reaction score
I've been a lurker in the TTC forums for a little while, but finally made an account. I got my BFP this Wednesday, which is awesome, but I don't feel like I'm out of the woods yet.

I ovulated sometime around Sept. 18th or 19th, got a BFN on Oct. 1st, and then got what I thought was my period on the 2nd. It was medium flow that tapered to light/spotting for a few days and then just spotting after that. I tested on the 2nd and 3rd and got BFNs too, which made me think it wasn't happening.

Then, I started getting fatigued, crampy, and nauseous, which is what tipped me off to test Weds. BFP yay!

I went to my doctor today and started my qualitative HCG blood draws. I won't know more until Tues. I also did a urine test, which came out as a light line, but the nurse tried to reassure me that it was likely due to how early things are.

Anyone go through something similar? I worry that I had an early miscarriage. It is my first and I'm 36 (and have stage 4 endo). I'm trying to stay positive...even if this is an EM, I'm capable of getting pregnant.

I haven't had personal experience with this, but I've been on these forums long enough that I've seen several women get BFPs after bleeding or getting what they thought was AF, and go on to have successful pregnancies. :flower:

Thank you! Most people stress out about the two week wait before the BFP (which was indeed stressful), but I think I'm more stressed out about the post two week wait, between waiting for the beta results and an ultrasound if the beta is good. :wacko:

With both my daughter and this pregnancy, I spotted for a few days around period time... when it didn't turn in to a full blown period, I decided to test. (so about a week after expected af)

I also have had spotting off and on with my daughter (now four) and so far this pregnancy with no cause why. It's just "one of those things"

Good luck!

Got my numbers back. My HCG had tripled from 118 to 355 in 48 hours. My progesterone, however, is freakishly low at .7 AND my doctor doesn't think anything is wrong yet and wants to wait until the ultrasound next week before talking about supplements. I don't know if she suspects there was a problem with the test itself or what.

I had a little bit of red spotting after one bowel movement and am back to the tiniest bits of brown spotting here and there. I don't know what to think anymore really; it sounds like this is going to be a m/c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->