maybe clomid?

Ashtong

Reaction score
My last two periods have been 43 days long I called the doctor & she said he would more than likely put me on clomid. My appointment is in May. What should I expect?

My last two periods have been 43 days long I called the doctor & she said he would more than likely put me on clomid. My appointment is in May. What should I expect?

Hey, ill do my best to offer you any advice i can. I conceived baby #1 with Clomid, she was born Nov 13. I had huge success with Clomid, my first appointment with my FS went very well. She wanted to know how long my cycles had been, how long we had been trying and explained the procedure. Basically when AF arrived, i was to take Clomid from CD2 for 5 days... I then had a follicle scan to ensure everything was working as it should - I was told i had 2 mature follicles and a couple smaller ones... My FS then advised us whether she thought it was a good idea to DTD or not given the number of follicles (basically if all 6 ended up maturing, the risk of twins/triplets were higher). We DTD anyway and after an agonising 2WW - I got my BFP.
I never got any side effects from the medicine and it worked wonders for me. My cycles were would be anything from 28 days to 43 days so i was a little all over the place!
Any other Q's please dont hesitate to ask (ill do my best to help).
Good luck for your apt!
Fingers crossed!

Thanks so much! I'm a little nervous about everything since my cycles are 43 days or so I won't have another period after my appointment until July it's just a waiting game :(

Thanks so much! I'm a little nervous about everything since my cycles are 43 days or so I won't have another period after my appointment until July it's just a waiting game :(

The waiting is agonising, but you may be able to get some medication to help bring on your period - I know a few women, some through this site, that have been given medicine to bring AF for the purposes of starting Clomid.
Wish you all the very best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->