Maybe I am more NTNP?

emicakess

Reaction score
With my daughter i was OBSESSED with getting pregnant lol its all i thought about for 6 months until OH finally agreed to go for it. Now i want to try for #2. And OH is down to NTNP. But im not obsessed. I kind of like the idea more of if it happens it happens... no stress, just let it happen. I mean i still am doing the fun things like surf around this site, think about it, try and guess when my ovulation will happen, think about the due date, think about all the fun parts of pregnancy, think about if it will be a girl or a boy, imagine my daughter as a big sister. It just doesnt consume my every thought and emotion this time. And i am having mixed feelings about that. Kinda like i feel bad. Like i was obsessed with having my daughter but i am just very happy to have my next. Lol, i dont know. Is anyone else with me with that?

You have your daughter to concentrate on this time which is why ttc doesn't seem to consume your every thought.im ttc #4 and I'm so busy with the other children and puppy that I'm not spending hours obsessing over every detail

Thank you. I was thinking that must be it too, after i wrote this thread out. I am glad to hear it is normal thank you!

I too was obsessed with having a baby before I became pregnant with my first. It was all I thought about. I was too impatient to go out and buy opks and too nervous to take an early pregnancy test only to get a negative result laughing at my disappointed face. Luckily it didn't take us long but we BD'd A LOT the two cycles it took to conceive her because I just HAD to have a baby.

When I found out I was pregnant with my second, I felt the same as you. I felt like I was replacing my daughter. DS was a complete surprise that I ended up finding out I was pregnant with only 3-4 months after giving birth to my DD. I kept wondering how she would take to him, especially since she was really spoiled being the first baby born in my family since 1991.

But you know what? I think having him was best for her. She is a people person, always would rather be around other people than playing with toys, and having him gave her someone close to her age that she could play with since there are no other young children in my immediate family (I'm an only child). Sure, they have their share of spats, nothing that has ever caused injuries though, but he helped her become more independent I think. She actually does everything he does instead of the other way around.

If waiting a while to fully decide whether you for sure want #2 is what you intend to do, that is perfectly fine. I can completely understand why and actually I would have preferred to wait until my DD was about 18 months at least before TTC again only because the pregnancy was harder. I had morning sickness 24/7 and my DD was very needy still. It is much, much easier when they can walk, believe me.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do and I apologize for the long post... :blush:

Thank you very much for the repsonse! How far apart are your children? Its good to know it all turned out good with them both! I do definitely want to have another soon, i guess i just am feeling a different kind of "want" this time.. its more like if it happens then i will be over the moon but if it doesnt happen first try then i wont be depressed either. I worry that 22 months age difference is going ti be really really hard, and i am concerned with working while pregnant and with a toddler.. but i am trying to not think about those things too much because i know im overthinking, and i know that everything will fall into place. I know that life will have its hard parts no matter what even if we waited longer.

My daughter is a people person too, she loves babies and isvvery nurturing.. i babysit my nephews, and my friends 15 month old and she loves having them around. I think giving her a sibling will be a blessing.

I read on a thread that some people really enjoyed having their babies 22 months apart. That the older child was not too heavy to pick up yet, they pretty much play with the same toys, and that the older child isnt quite old enough to get extremely jealous

I have 22 months between ds1&ds2
And 2 1/2 years between ds2 &ds3. Ive loved the small age gaps tbh you soon get into a routine with them.
Ds1&ds2 really have a brilliant relationship,they fight a lot but they are best friends-both have the exact same interests in toys and computer games etc. they even share the same bed and won't sleep apart. When they are separated they really miss eachother

I have 22 months between ds1&ds2
And 2 1/2 years between ds2 &ds3. Ive loved the small age gaps tbh you soon get into a routine with them.
Ds1&ds2 really have a brilliant relationship,they fight a lot but they are best friends-both have the exact same interests in toys and computer games etc. they even share the same bed and won't sleep apart. When they are separated they really miss eachother

Thank you so much i really appreciate that! Any kind of insiggt on what my future might look like just helps so much!

And that is so sweet.. they sound like best friends i love it..

With my daughter i was OBSESSED with getting pregnant lol its all i thought about for 6 months until OH finally agreed to go for it. Now i want to try for #2. And OH is down to NTNP. But im not obsessed. I kind of like the idea more of if it happens it happens... no stress, just let it happen. I mean i still am doing the fun things like surf around this site, think about it, try and guess when my ovulation will happen, think about the due date, think about all the fun parts of pregnancy, think about if it will be a girl or a boy, imagine my daughter as a big sister. It just doesnt consume my every thought and emotion this time. And i am having mixed feelings about that. Kinda like i feel bad. Like i was obsessed with having my daughter but i am just very happy to have my next. Lol, i dont know. Is anyone else with me with that?

You have just described me to a T. I like this more relaxed approach much better! I'm not temping, charting, or tracking any more than I know when my period was, when I'm probably ovulating, and when my period is due. With my first, I started testing at cd 8 or something like that. I think I'm due for af at the end of the week and I don't have any strong desire to test before then. We just started ttc (more like ntnp), this is only my first cycle, and my daughter turns 1 next week. How old is yours?

You have just described me to a T. I like this more relaxed approach much better! I'm not temping, charting, or tracking any more than I know when my period was, when I'm probably ovulating, and when my period is due. With my first, I started testing at cd 8 or something like that. I think I'm due for af at the end of the week and I don't have any strong desire to test before then. We just started ttc (more like ntnp), this is only my first cycle, and my daughter turns 1 next week. How old is yours?

I gotta say, ive been over in the pregnancy test forums and im getting excited to test hehehe. But i am also having a relaxed approach! Unfortunately we havent dtd since the 18th due to my OH being sick and now im sick! But i had some cramping the 19th and 20th so im wondering if that was ovulation.

My daughter is almost 14 months :) how exciting your daughters first birthday!

Exciting! Let us know when you test, sounds like we're about on the same page...and I think I remember your name from the TTC boards with our firsts.
How long did it take to conceive the first time for you?

It took me 6 months to convince OH lol! But first real try we fell pregnant so im hoping we caught it this month! So are you TTC/NTNP right now? Sorry if thays a dumb question im up with a teething baby im half asleep lol

It took me 6 months to convince OH lol! But first real try we fell pregnant so im hoping we caught it this month! So are you TTC/NTNP right now? Sorry if thays a dumb question im up with a teething baby im half asleep lol

We are ttc right now, sort of...I'm not tracking anything, so maybe I'm ntnp. Just got af, and I'm shockingly ok with it. The last time we ttc, I was crushed every time af showed up.
I get the exhaustion, I've been up since 3am...sick baby.

Hugs i have a sick baby too! Plus teething eith her first molar the past month, omg just come through already!

Well i am going to be stalking you now lady lol! I know the feeling of utter disappointment when af comes, but i also feel like if my af comes i will be okay with it.. a little sad. But okay with it at the same time. I'm in my TWW and i believe i am 5 dpo. And so the craziness starts lol i got overly curious and (tmi) checked my cervix right now and i cant even reach it, and I'm having tons of creamy cm. Not that those are great indicators for anything but it just makes me wonder :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->