• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

maybe or maybe not

Flutterjess

Reaction score
This is probably nothing but maybe not. I stopped taking the pill on Jan 20th. Had the withdrawal period. Had random symptoms. Lots of bfn. Bd and nine days later period. Strangest period I ever had. Before the pill my periods were always medium to heavy ish and exactly seven days. Even if I thought it was slowing down on day five it stretched to seven days. On the seventh day I didn't bring any tampons with me because it was that reliable. This period was super light the first day. Like pink barely there. A tiny bit more the next day. Less pink but not bright red and normal light flow. Completely gone on day three. Then returned day four barely enough for a quarter of a tampon. Then done completely. I haven't had any other symptoms. A bit gassy. Okay a lot... Maybe it is nerves or something. I bet its a strange post pill side affect but I figure I should test. Question is when? This was my first real period after the pill so I could've ovulated who knows when or not at all this time around. It could've been my period or spotting or ib. I don't want to test too early. The period thing started last Saturday so almost a week ago and ended on Tuesday.

Hi!

I had a super weird first cycle when I stopped BCP too. I was so bloated I had to go out and buy new pants! I had a TON of CM. And it stretched on fooorrreeeevvvveeeerrrr. I've gone from a 26 day cycle to 31 days! I was so sure I was pregnant!

From what I can tell based on other posts, IB is pretty miniscule. I don't think you'd fill up a tampon for multiple days with it. It seems to be a smear-of-blood-on-the-toilet-paper situation.

As far as testing goes, it would depend on how quickly the right hormones multiply in your system. If your bleeding was IB, then you would've been pregnant starting Saturday? Right? I believe it can take from 2ish to even 10ish (being rare!) days for implantation, so you could be 9 to 17 DPO on that theory? 9 days might be a little early to test, 17 should be fine.

I think you can have a few weird cycles the first few months off the pill. When I stopped back in September 2013, my first 3-4 cycles were regular but I felt so horrible that I was almost convinced I was pregnant each month.

Once you O, implantation normally happens somewhere between 7-10 dpo although I believe it's possible for it to happen as early as 5-6 dpo (but very unusual) and even more unusual i think for it to happen after 10 dpo. IB I think is minimal and would happen in this time frame. Later than 10 dpo and it's most likely not IB but spotting before AF arrives. I read somewhere though that only about 30% of women experience IB. I think if you believe it was IB, you can test a few days later.

If you get a BFN now, then you're most likely not pregnant. Try testing this weekend, that's the only way to know for sure if you're pregnant.

Good luck :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"