Maybe? - yes, she's here *updated*

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
Thought I'd make my own thread to update as and when/if needs be, as I'm not sure if this is going to turn into a 'this is it' thread as its still early, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up - but ya never know!

Well this morning I've been having a couple of what possibly might be contractions every (started about 6am) 12 minutes, for about 20-30 seconds, or 'contraptions' as OH keeps saying

But now I'm up and doing with Riley, I'm not sure if they've stopped or just because I'm up and not concentrating on them I told OH, he was like well do I go to work or do I not? But there's no saying they're gonna turn into anything just yet, so I've told him to go, but not to agree to go miles away and I'll keep him updated!

But I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, just going to spend the day on my ball (when Riley isnt pushing me off it!) and have a little walk to the shop, if things carry on, I may even pack my hospital bag

First update 23:00
I'm still here and still pregnant!

Update - she's here!
**birth story**
My gorgeous girl was born at 15:49 on 19/11/11, weighing 7lb12

About 5am I woke up feeling some pains on the Thursday, (17th) thought things could be starting so tried to keep myself busy, the pains faided a little in the middle of the day, and then picked up a little in the evening, was woken up early Friday morning, (18th) and said to my OH that I thought that this could be it and not to go to work, they were getting a little more regular and were rather intense, we went for a walk round the park etc and nothing really happened,so tried sleeping. *Decided I wanted to go into the birthing centre at about 12, met my mum and grandma there, so Riley could stay with my grandma.

1:00 am I was examined and was 2-3 centimeter dilated ad was given to co-codymol, and sent home.. Tried to get some sleep, managed around two hours, but I was really struggling with the intensity of the pains

8:00am I decided I wanted to go back to the birthing centre, was told she didn't want to examine me as it wasn't that long ago I was examined and said I could stay pottering about there or go home, so I decided to go, but decided to go to my grandmas and see Riley, and use my grandmas bath as its a jacuzzi and is very deep - was incredible
So spent about 3 hours in there, kept nodding off lol!
About 12.00, I decided I was really struggling and was going in, and it was time! Rang my OH to meet us there, think it was about 13:00, got to the birthing centre, was examined and was 5cm!
Eventually Got into the birthing pool after waiting for it to fill up, was getting very frustrated cuz my gas and air wasn't working properly towards the end, but felt a slight urge to push, so was trying to let my mum take my bikini pants off whilst I was trying to do little pushes! 4 pushes - she was born! Felt my waters go just as her head came out! My OH couldn't look, he didn't want to see the pool go bright red, so he was ducked down at the side of the pool with his hand up so I could reach and hold his hand :rofl: my mum was incredible!
As I lifted her up her cord snapped, so was quickly clamped and i needed the bit attached to me clamped!
So made my way over to the bed, was given the injection to help the placenta, tried and tried, It was like half and half and just wouldn't come out, tried sitting on the loo, ended up on the birthing stool, took 40 minutes, and a hell of alot of work, but finally came out, was harder than baby!! :haha:

No need for stitches either, the most amazing experience ever, midwives were brilliant! Only had gas and air, so I just felt incredible after the birth, and had visitors almost straight away :dohh: but it has meant I've been able to settle in at home without any!@

Still no name for her, so suggestions are very welcome!

https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/7f81123e.jpg
https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/15bf74d1.jpg
https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/0d62aa4d.jpg
https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/95a028e9.jpg
https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/8f6b82fe.jpg
https://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd457/shortie1990/5e49fd8b.jpg

I'm just trying to keep myself busy, not sure if its because i'm keeping busy i'm not noticing any more pains, or if they've stopped all together :shrug:

either way we'll find out soon enough as IF if is something, they'll get more noticable! :haha:

Hope they come back :) maybe your in slow latent labour? Might all kick back off tonight when it gets dark :thumbup:

Hope they come back :) maybe your in slow latent labour? Might all kick back off tonight when it gets dark :thumbup:

Could be, I said to OH i dont think anythings going to be happening very soon so not to worry and i'd let him know if anything changes.

I'm just STARVING (but haven't got anything yummy to munch on) and so exhausted, I'd love to crawl back into bed! but i'm trying to do anything BUT sit on the sofa, as midwife wasn't happpy with babies positioning yesteday, so hopefuly if things are starting and i'm walking, bouncing, and sitting forward.. she should be moving in a better position!

Mmm...Shortie not been on since 10 this morning! Could it be? Really hope things get moving for you! xx

Good luck! Hope this is it for you

she's just told me on FB that she's gunna have a bath and get to bed :)
she's still having them though!

Nope I'm still here ladies!

Went to bed, as I am so exhausted, a little ill these last few days etc so really needed a nap! Just got up now, they seemed to have eased up a bit, but I thought this before and got up and had a walk around and try we're still there :dohh:

Ok as I'm writing this I can still feel them..! :dohh: but I'm finding it hard, unless I'm still and led down actually concentrating I can't time them as I'm too distracted to notice when they're about to begin and then I'm like ooo that WAS one! :xmas13:

Here's how my contractions are looking (very handy iPhone app)

Here are the details of my contractions.

Contractions to Average: All
Average Duration: 33s
Average Interval: 8m 23s
Labor Stage: First Stage: Early/Latent

Start Time End Time Duration Interval
1:09:17 1:10:05 48s 8m 46s
Notes:
1:00:31 1:01:09 38s 9m 18s
Notes:
0:51:13 0:51:52 39s 9m 40s
Notes:
0:41:33 0:41:59 26s 4m 41s
Notes:
0:36:52 0:37:06 14s 9m 32s
Notes:
0:27:20 0:28:08 48s 14m 40s
Notes:
0:12:40 0:13:24 44s 8m 13s
Notes:
0:04:27 0:05:26 59s --
Notes:

Things are looking good - hope you're well on your way now! good luck x

Still no closer really, then get the few that are like 15 mins apart, urgh I hope they don't fade away!

atleast your body is doing something hun :shrug:

Mine is doing nothing. Literally nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->