mayo - ok for lo?

biglebowski

Reaction score
I don't really eat mayo but wanted to give Lo tuna in a baked potato. It tends to fall apart everywhere so wondered if mayo is ok? I don't have any in the house to check the label.

I'm not totally sure. But you could use full fat natural yogurt instead of mayo? Same end game and yogurt is def ok!

Same rule as pregnancy for young babies - if it's shop bought, it's fine as it'll have been pasteurised. If it's home made, then it's up to you... when you're happy to give eggs that aren't fully cooked (e.g. runny yolks) then you can give home made/deli mayo. We waited till about a year old.

Yea mayo is fine in moderation shop bought has eggs but these are pasteurised. Still if you're concerned you can get egg free versions I get the amisa brand and it tastes exactly like normal mayo but is all natural, organic and animal products free xx

Thanks ladies. I think I'll try a little yoghurt, hadn't thought of that!! Just need something to bind it a little so he can handle it easier. Save me buying something we don't eat.

How about a bit of Philadelphia to help bind the tuna? I bet that would be yummy! Might try it for my LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->