Me again: would you trust a purée overnight?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I stupidly forgot I left my second ice cube tray at my parents’, so I have 32 tbs of purée in a glass Tupperware bowl in my fridge. But I read you can only refrigerate food for 6 hours. I could wake up in 6 hours, but my son and I are on week 3 of nasty colds and i’m So tired. I also don’t know for sure the cubes I have now will freeze enough to pop out in six hours.

So do you think I can still freeze and then use the rest of the batch? It’s just squash and carrot, no meat. Both were baked before purée. I wouldn’t be so sad to toss it if I wake up in the am and you ladies say no go.

I would do it. I've never fed my kids purees, but I have made a chili or pasta and had it in the fridge for a day or two before freezing it, then would thaw it and feed it to them, so that's pretty much the same thing (and my dishes usually contain meat).

Nice ty!

So idk where I got 6 hours from because I was reading my WTE month 7 and of said DIY purses can live in the fridge up to 4 days!

You can usually keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. I would definitely use it if it’s only been 6 hours, that’s completely fine.

I keep leftovers for 3-4 days. I do not know why purees would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->