Measure your guy!

knobby

Reaction score
So my husband is going to be making an appointment for a semen analysis next week and I have been doing a bit of research and came across this article: https://healthland.time.com/2011/03/16/guys-are-right-size-matters-fertility-wise/

It is about male anogenital distance or AGD (distance from anus to under the scrotum).

Illustration of AGD:
https://www.hannah-holmes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/journal.pone_.0018973.g001.png

They have found that this measurment can correlate with sperm count (less than 2 inches can indicate a low sperm count). Testosterone levels during fetal development affects AGD, so if testosterone is restricted in anyway during their development it makes this distance shorter. This is why women who naturally have lower testosterone have a much shorter AGD (anus to vagina).

I helped my husband measure his AGD last night (hilarious btw) and he was about 2.5" so we feel reassured for the time being :)

That is hilarious. Good on your guy for allowing you to do that. NO WAYS would mine do that - although I'm pretty sure he'd happily measure my AGD lol. And thanks for the graphic pic!!

I just asked oh to do this jokingly. His response couldn't even be written here....lol

Haha....that's funny...the OH would never let me do that....but now I want to have a look!!

It was so funny, it took me a bit to actually measure it because I was laughing so much. :p my husband was totally blushing, but he has been so cool with all this TTC stuff :) and he has been nervous about a semen analysis so it actually has made him feel better for the time being he says.

Interesting... Wonder if my DH would let me...? Haha I kinda think he would, he'd do anything for a little piece of mind and a baby! Wonder why it's related though?

So I told the OH about this yesterday and he looked at me like I was crazy!!!! Haha

I wonder if he's going to take a measure though behind closed doors :)

Lol, am I the only one that did this? :blush::wacko:

Haha...if my hubby had not just had a sperm analysis then I would so be doing this! :haha:

Xx

Oh my gosh, I needed that laugh! Interesting though ....

My hubby would be all over this. Though he'd likely do it behind closed doors with a ruler and mirror in hand.

(and side note... I now know better than to click on a spoiler alert picture button without looking over my shoulder first to see who is standing there!:blush:)

I bet the person who did the illustration had a great time! Imagine being at work and explaining to your work mates why you are drawing a picture of ass and balls on your PC.

Haha. I measured my husband right after reading this. He let me pull his pants down and get right to measuring. :rofl:

Though he did look at me strangely when I came walking in with my measuring tape. :) He figured it was a reasonable enough request once I explained it. Though, he will pretty much let me do anything. We don't have many privacy boundaries with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->