measuring 30cm at 28 weeks

newmummytobe

Mum to gorgeous baby boy
Reaction score
hi, had my 28 week midwife appointment today and i measured 30cm over my belly which she said is 2cm over. she told me not to worry about this but of course you do. does anyone else have any experiences? thanks xxx :hugs:

Anything within 3cm either direction is considered normal:) I was measuring 41cm last week :wacko: don't worry it's ok! And fh isn't an exact science either.

As above hun!

It's suh a rough idea, even mw admit it's not best way to measure but yet it is still done, i guess for the most part 2 cm either size of weeks is where they end up with the best results.

Don't worry just carry on as normal!

I was measuring 30-31cms at my 28 week app too. I wouldn't worry. I think baby just had a growth spurt as when I went for my 34 app last week it was measuring spot on at 34 cms. As long as there's been some growth at your next app.. that's all they will look at. So basically if you're still 30 cms at your 34 week app.. then they'll be cause for concern. :thumbup:

Anything within 3cm either direction is considered normal:) I was measuring 41cm last week :wacko: don't worry it's ok! And fh isn't an exact science either.

You must have a long torso! I can only go up to 37 cms before it hits breast bone! :haha: :wacko:

I was measuring 30 weeks at 27+5 I actually already had a growth scan booked for a couple of days after that and little man was measuring 29+4 on that scan and I was 28+3 the sonographer wasn't concerned at all they allow two weeks either way x

My MW actually told me 4cm lower or higher is considered "normal" so hope that eases your mind even more :)
No worries, they would book you in for a scan if you were outside this range I think!

I've always measured two weeks ahead and again today I measure two weeks ahead. It's not a problem at all. I think they worry if you get a positive glucose test and measure more than four weeks ahead and would then scan you x

I've measured 6 weeks ahead so far but MW isn't worried at all. FH isn't very reliable at all.

I too was measuring 30cm at 28 weeks. Yesterday was 32cm at 31weeks.

MW said not to worry at all - they generally are only concerned if a lot smaller. Also different mw can get different measurements.

from 30wks onwards with ds i measured 2wks in advance of where i was the whole time then at 41wks i was only measuring 38 lol caus he had dropped into my pelvis , it isnt an exact science which means they have to allow for differences , im over 40wks but yesterday measured 38,

I was the other way - measuring 26.5cms at my 28 week appt. But my midwife didn't seem worried so if yours didn't, I would go with that.

i have been measuring ahead since 20 odd weeks some times by as much as 5cm but last was measuring 2weeks ahead but my mid wife has said its nothing to worry bout! xx

I was told today that i am measuring 30 weeks i'm 28+4..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->