Measuring 4 days behind at 6 week scan

TTC1983

Reaction score
Had my 6 week scan today - measured at 5 weeks 3 days although I was using opk so know when I ovulated.

However she did find a heartbeat which I saw on the screen.

I've done some googling which suggests early scans are not that accurate and can be 5 days out.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Going back in 2 weeks for another scan but they didn't seem worried.

I didn't have a scan that early w/ my first but at 10 weeks I was measuring at 9 weeks.

Definitely nothing to worry about esp seen as u got to see a hb as they r usually present from about 6 weeks. U r talking a matter of millimetres in measurements xx

nothing to worry about you could very well be on track just baby was curled up more ...

I had my scan last week and the first measurements read 6w3d and then the second one 6w6d putting me 2 days behind ...

Im of course not going on that as my dr doesn't do dating until 12 weeks ...

My doctor doesn't even date pregnancy until after 12 weeks. You saw all the necessary parts, sac, baby and heart beat. That's all you need. Even after my 15+6 scan the summary said gestational age 16 weeks +/- 8 days. Don't worry about a thing. The millimeters are so hard to measure right! Congrats on a great scan!

Thank you so much for your responses. I've had 2 mmc in the past and when she did the scan as an abdominal and said it was only 5 weeks 3 days - I freaked out a bit and said it couldn't be right etc as I knew from ovulation I should be 6 weeks but the consultant didn't really say much to ease my fears. Then she did a transvaginal scan and found the heartbeat I was so confused as I didn't even know it was possible to get a heartbeat at 5 weeks 3 days.

Deffo don't worry there never on measurements early I went 3 times before 10 weeks and then at 12 weeks got put forward 2 days I'm cycles were well off too son was total unsure on dates xxx

This has stopped me worrying so much. I guess we will see at my next scan if I make up any of the days. I would be very surprised if I really was 5 weeks 3 days given the heartbeat but I guess the heartbeat is all that matters.

I measured 4 days behind last time, and am measuring 4 days behind this time! I'm sure you're fine :)

I had a very similar experience and all is fine. Here is my post...

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...8087-measuring-behind-scan-today-updated.html

I drove myself mad with worry but I think early scans just aren't that accurate X

Thank you so much Jayjay - I've just read your thread and it really helps. I think I need to accept that the scan is just not accurate. After all if the baby really was 5 weeks 3 days I very much doubt I would have seen the heartbeat. Fingers crossed for my next scan in 2 weeks - the wait will probably kill me but I will try not to freak out too much!

You could have ovulated a little later as it is not always the day after an OPK+. Unless you charted temps you can't pinpoint it.

Also scans that early are a bit inaccurate. My scan at 7wks was measuring 6+3 at one point and 6+5 at another. I think I also ovulated a day later than I thought, even though did chart my temps I think they were slightly out this time.

Good luck TTC - I know how horrible the wait is. I just couldn't understand how the early scan dates would have meant a BFP at 2dpo which is impossible and I was so stressed. The heartbeat is great news and I'm sure your next scan will show a baby shaped blob measuring on track. Take care X

I thought I was eight weeks and an early scan showed I was 7+1, so six days behind. When i had my twelve week scan they put me forward four days, the difference between a five week and six week foetus is literally millimetres so it could well be off a little bit.

Just wanted to post an update! I had another scan on Monday which to my calculations should have been 8 weeks but by the last scan would have been 7 weeks 3 days.
I had a lovely Dr do the sonograph who told me straight away baby was fine and measured 8 weeks 1 day! So in 2 weeks baby had grown 2 weeks and 5 days lol!

Thank you for all the reassurance - on to a happy and healthy 9 months!:happydance:

Great news, the difference of a matter of days is nothing so early on x

Wonderful news! Congratulations. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back