Measuring 5 weeks behind. Should I be concerned?

nzblondie

Mum to Olivia
Reaction score
Just came back from my midwife appointment and I'm apparently measuring 5 weeks behind as my fundal height is only 30cms. She has sent me for a growth scan, but it's not until Thursday so I'm freaking out!

She didn't seem overly worried as the baby is moving lots and heartbeat is strong but wanted to make sure nothing was wrong.

Could this mean it's maybe just a small baby? My dates have always been spot on or within a week, but suddenly a 5 week gap seems a bit large!!

I just want my baby to be ok. Has anyone else suddenly measured small? Was baby ok?

Don't freak out yet. I had the opposite problem. My fundal height was right, but the baby measured small. My point is that I don't think fundal height is all that reliable. I think that since you are waiting until Thursday that it must not be a huge problem. When I had troubles, I had an ultrasound first thing the next morning.

Good luck!

Fundal measurements are really not that accurate. Your baby could have just been lying on a funny position.

the baby couldve been in a funny position when she measured...thus making your fundal height inaccurate.

Wait until the scan to find out for sure, but don't freak out until then.
Everything is fine.
And if anything...your dates might be a few weeks off. which is NORMAL

ive been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead and after a growth scan it appears everything is normal. They dont always get it right x

I have a growth scan on thursday as well...sometimes baby dropping early can make your measurement a bit lower than it should be...plus fundal height isn't a guarantee, neither are growth scans, they're estimates...I'm sure all will be fine...my fundal height is on, but for some reason baby seems smaller, so they're just checking to make sure everything looks good on the scan...I am so anxious to see her again...:) goodluck on your scan hun :)

My friend was measuring 29cm from 29 weeks right up until 36 weeks. She just had her little girl who weighed 6lb13 and is completely healthy!

I am 29 weeks and measuring 25 weeks for the past 4 weeks. Doctor dont seem very concerned about it as she has never mentioned anything to me. Im sure things are ok :)

Try not to worry too much, when I was 37 weeks they measured me at 33 weeks, I had a scan and baby was 6 pound 2 so a fine weight, I think maybe some babies just get all tucked up!

Well the midwife did say that the bay was engaged, but then I wondered why she sent me for a growth scan. Oh well, will have to wait and see how tomorrow goes!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. :kiss: :kiss:

On the positive side, you get to see your little one again, so it's not all bad, right? :)

I'm currently 7 weeks behind in fundal height (measuring 27cm) and my baby was fine at my growth scan, measuring right on track.

Well the midwife did say that the bay was engaged, but then I wondered why she sent me for a growth scan. Oh well, will have to wait and see how tomorrow goes!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. :kiss: :kiss:

Sometimes it CAN be an indication of IUGR that's why they want to check.
Just focus on baby's movements, let that calm you. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->