Measuring ahead fundal height?

EllissMummy

Reaction score
Hiya! At my 28 week appointment my fundal height was 31. Has anyone experienced this? With my first I was spot on all the way. I am curious as to what this could be caused by?

With my first I went - 33 weeks - 36cm, 35 weeks - 39cm and 36 weeks - 42cm. This time I was 33cm at 28 weeks, but I think that's the excess flab now :dohh: I wouldn't worry if the midwife hasn't said anything, last time I was just all fluid :)

With ds I was always measuring ahead, and by about 32 weeks I was measuring 4 weeks ahead. They sent me to have the glucose test which I passed. They just said they woukd keep an eye on me but they worried more about small babies than big ones. By the end id evened out and was only about a week ahead. Midwife kept telling me he was going to be 9lb ish and might come early. He was 6 days late and 7lb 7. So pretty average.

I'm measuring ahead at 25 weeks I was measuring 27 and at 28 I was measuring 30, I was worrying aswell as my daughter was spot on right through lol maybe its normal to measure ahead in 2nd+ pregnancies :shrug:

I measured 2 weeks ahead the whole way through my second pregnancy (my first was spot on the whole time - 7lb 10 @40+1.). Mw never concerned just said he was a good sized baby. I felt very big ( much bigger than my first). I put on hardly any weight was all bump out the front. He was born 40+6 9lb 3oz and veRyan long. So for me he was s big baby. No idea why although they said I had a large placenta and thick cord so I guess I fed him well lol.

I have Been 2 weeks ahead since 16 weeks and no concern here, had my 2 regular growth scans and baby is grown just at the right rate :)

I've been measuring ahead since about 28 weeks (am 38 weeks now), it's down to fairly high fluid levels and a big-ish baby (both been confirmed by scans). Nothing to worry about, you're probably just cooking a big healthy bubba :thumbup: xx

i measured ahead till this check at 36 weeks and now all spot on . Babys have growth spurts and slow down . If they are worried they will send you for a growth scan xx

Im measuring behind by 2 weeks...consistently. Mw said not a concern unless 4 either way

I measured fine till 31 weeks, around that time I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so have been having regular growth scans. Measuring 43cm at 37 weeks now so technically should have massive baby or too much fluid but both are perfect according to last scan (baby estimated at 6lb 1oz at 36 weeks). Midwife thinks I am having an 8lb baby though so we will see who is right!

I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead, being sent for a growth scan at 34 weeks. My midwife just said the measurements are so inaccurate! Hilariously though everyone tells me I look small!

Measuring ahead doesn't mean baby is big. I was measured same day as a growth scan at 28+6 and baby was 2lbs 1oz and 25th percentile but I was measuring at 33cm. For me it's because she is breech and breech babies sit up higher then babies who are head down. A lot of factors can change fundal height.

I've been measuring 2 weeks ahead for ages but growth scans have shown him to consistently be on the 49th percentile. Fundal height isn't always that accurate.

Thank you ladies for all your replies. My 1st was 8lb12 at 40+1. This time they have moved my dates from 3rd Jan to 29th Feb. I would like this baby to stay put till January. So hopefully no complications. At last appointment baby was head down. Have another appointment at 31 weeks. Will see how I am measuring then. I am sure it's nothing, just tummy not coping as well this time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->