Measuring behind

Lisa40

Me, OH, isla & 3 kitties
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had an early scan due to endometriosis and previous surgery & they put me at 6w 4days when I think I should be 7w.

We DTD on the 12th March & my LMP was 1st March...

Do the few days matter? The nurse didn't really say anything about it & there was a heartbeat. Just a bit worried I guess x

Honestly a few days doesn't matter. My consultant said anything up to 12 days is considered normal. My little princess at 6+1 was measuring for 5+2 but by 12 weeks had caught up and was measuring a day ahead. There really is only a few mm in it and not every baby develops by the book. Honestly they would say if they had been worried. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Congrats, try not to worry. Baby is so small atm. It's like a millimetre for everyday. So there can be a margin for error. You'll probably find by the 12week scan bubs will have catch up 😃

Lmp is only the beginning estimate since they cant tell exactly when you conceived or implanted. Then once you have a first scan they go based on that. Hope that helps to make better sense why babies tend to seem to be "behind" or you get put back a couple days. For me I got put ahead two days :)

Thank you for all of your replies. I wish they'd just say that everything looks fine & baby is within a 'normal range' rather than putting a date on it based on averages, although I guess they have to put a date on it somehow.

I read about a woman who was having twins via ivf & 1 measured 6mm & 1 measured 4mm & both turned out absolutely fine & measuring the same at the 12week scan yet they would have put one of the babies 10-14 days behind the other. I guess there's a fairly big margin for size especially when measuring something so small.

Anyway I'm feeling a little better now so thanks for all of your comments :)

xx

I measured behind at my first and second scan by 4 days. I wouldn't worry at all! Baby was measuring a week ahead at my 20 week scan. It all depends on when you implant - not when your last period was :flower:

I'm getting really frustrated with doctors. I feel like they don't know half of what we do half the time about early pregnancy. With my daughter at 6.5w they saw an empty sac, said I was 4 weeks but I knew different. At 9.5w they saw my baby but she was measuring 8.5w. And then I went in for a scan at 12w and she had jumped ahead to 13.5w, so she finally caught up to the dates I knew were correct. And now I know I'm almost 6w but they didn't see anything on the scan but I'm not worried after last time. My point I guess is just don't worry right now! I bled through my first trimester too and she was still fine. I feel like first tri is just such a delicate time in that things can vary so much from woman to woman without it meaning bad news. I wish doctors would be more helpful and reassuring.

A few days is nothing so early on!! At my 5-6 week scan I measured a full week behind.. at my 8 week scan I was put forward that week. Don't worry x

Congratulations, same esdd as myself !!

I tested on the 30th March

I dont think the days matter theres play either qay and like someone already said it depends on when you implanted xxx

Thats nothing :) at early stage scans can be out by 7 days either side because how small everything is.

I had scan at 7+1, baby was measured at 6+5. Had my 12w scan was bang on.

Yes and when they are doing measurements on something sooo tiny at that point, one little movement can change it. That is why they try and take multiple measurements. Btw, the techz cant tell you how baby is, only your actual dr can. But even then most drs wont say much unless its a concern.

Orionfox that's not how it works in the UK. Our sonographers tell us there and then :thumbup:

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I would say not to panic, and keep thinking positive. It’s great that you have heard heartbeats; itself is a very positive sign. In some ways measurements, an early scans aren't a huge help since the amount they could be out by is a high proportion of the overall size. Many of the times it’s due to the thing that foetus might have implemented late or you might have ovulated much later in your last cycle. And trust me few days doesn’t really matter. I read somewhere that if you are within a 1-2w range ahead or behind you’re more than likely OK. It becomes really worrisome when you start measuring 3-4w behind or ahead. There will be lots of people with good results after measuring behind.

This happened to us. I predicted our due date to be Dec 2nd, but when we went in for the US, they measured a week ahead than what we thought!

Another mommy here who measured 4-5 days behind at my first two scans but when back recently and baby was 3 days ahead so a 8 day jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->