Measuring behind

ladders

Reaction score
Hi ladies I and for a scan yesterday as I'd experienced some bleeding, I was convinced I was miscarriaging at the time but scan showed a baby with a heartbeat, however crown rump length on 4.55mm and the sonographer told me that this is 6 weeks but I'm absolutley certain I'm 7 weeks 3 days.
Has this happens to anyone else? Was it ok or is this baby not viable? I have a repeat scan on Friday and just not sure what to think

I had a scan with this one and should of being 6+5, scan showed 4mm crl = 6 weeks with heartbeat, I had another scan 3 days later due to bleeding, baby measured 7+3, 1st scan was at epu 2nd scan was private both said how hard early scans are to measure, so technically my baby grew 10 days worth of growing in 3 days x

I've just had a scan because I was 9+4 by my dates and 13.4 by the midwife's.

They dated me as 8+4 instead. The equipment was old by their admission and baby kept moving. So she's sure I will gain that week back on my 12 week scan.

All is well with baby so that's all I care about.

The size of baby at 6-7 weeks is absolutely tiny and by all accounts, an absolute nightmare to find and measure sometimes. If your confident of your dates, your 12 week scan will bump you back up I recon just take it as 6 weeks for the time being until another scan tells you otherwise :) don't panic though, I've seen so many ladies in the same predicament and everything's been fine :)

I'm not sure if you are looking for both good and bad stories so I'll spoiler mine.

in my case measuring behind was never a good thing and always led to missed miscarriage... BUT I was always certain of my ovulation. I've had 2 missed miscarriages and 1 lost twin.

I've seen it go both ways in these situations so please don't assume the worst. The only thing that can be done here is be patient and wait and see unfortunately, which is the hardest part! Huge hugs as you wait, I'll be looking for an update!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->