Measuring too big?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by kariannnee, Apr 4, 2011.

1. kariannnee

kariannnee Well-Known Member

I am 32 weeks pregnant, I had my appointment today. My normal midwife wasn't in so I saw a doctor that was in. I was a little aggravated because I was told that this doctor doesn't deliver babies or anything but she knows what she is doing. But anyways, while I was in there she said that I gained too much weight. Which at my last appointment I was told the same thing. The issue is at the beginning of my pregnancy I couldn't gain weight at all. Now I can't stop. Then when she measured my belly she said I measured a little too high up. Meaning that he is too big. After my next appointment if he still is like this I have to go for an ultrasound to figure out how big he is and what we should do. I'm just freaking out a little bit. Probably just because I'm Momma and I don't want anything bad to happen to my baby. The doctor that was in today said that because of how small I was to begin with and how big he is getting I could possibly have to have him earlier. Which I'm freaking out! I want him to stay in there as long as he needs to and come out when he is ready. Ughh! Has anybody else had to have anything like this done?

2. xx~Lor~xx

xx~Lor~xx Young mummy of 3 <3

:hugs: Didn't want to read and run, but I guess all I can advice is don't freak out! What will be will be, and everything might be absolutely fine and you'll be worrying for nothing. Wait until you know for sure and if you need the scan, go to that. Chances are, if he's measuring big, he'll be slightly stronger than a smaller baby and be able to cope with coming out early. It's natural as a mum to be scared and nervous, but try to relax. Deal with things as they happen, pregnancy, labour and birth are all so completely unpredictable and individual.

Hope this has helped even the slightest bit!

x

3. HarlaHorse

HarlaHorse Well-Known Member

I agree ^

Don't worry, doctors know what their doing, doctors are doctors for a reason. & just because one doctor tells you something and your worried she doesn't know what shes doing, she doesn't get to make the decision, it goes through heaps of doctors before the decision is made. They won't put you and your baby at harm :)