Measuring way ahead?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
My friend stopped by earlier this morning to drop off a gift cause she didn't make it to my shower. She was like "holy crap you're huge!" (which I am). Anyway, I hadn't been measured for 3 weeks now for some reason at my doctors appointments so I got her to measure me (shes a nurse and used to work up on maternity but she moved) and she says I'm measuring 40 weeks :shock: I'm obviously going to ask my doc to measure me again when I see him on thursday, but...my god! that 5 weeks ahead!! :dohh::dohh:

Did anyone else measure this far ahead!?

I never have measured ahead but all i would say to that is are they sure your not further on!! lol

I will make my prediction now and say i think you may go early rather then overdue!!

Hope someone has more info about measuring big x

Wow!!! 5 weeks!!!! I agree, I think you may go early! x

Well I was measuring way way ahead until about 26 weeks, then I was measuring dead on. Now this! I think I'm gonna have to have a serious chat with my doctor on thurs

Do you know what position she's in? If she's not head down she might be bulging out more and making you appear bigger :D

But still - 5 weeks ahead is quite a lot! Will they send you for a growth scan? x

Get your doctor to check, but I guess the measurement can change depending on how the baby is lying? I don't know.....just a guess.

I think also it's best to get measured by the same person each time, as each nurse/doctor/midwife can take the measurement slightly differently.

xx

Maybe LO will slow right down now hon. They do say some women all of a sudden go way in front and then time catches up with them.

Wont do any harm though to check on Thursday x x

I think Sam (Babezone) was measuring a good few weeks ahead similar to you hun!!

Blimey 5 whole weeks ahead .. eek!!

woooooohhhh!! 5 weeks?? Definitely speak to your doctor hun. With all the due dates you've got who the hell know when you'll go!! Maybe you're full term!

hi hun, i am measuring 4 weeks ahead and have for 2 weeks now, currently measuring 36 weeks.....

Lou
xxx

I am also measuring 4 weeks ahead!! Found it really scary when i was told last week and couldn't understand how because i've only put on 11 pounds in total. I think everyone is so different they are always variations on the 'norm'. Take care xx

woooooohhhh!! 5 weeks?? Definitely speak to your doctor hun. With all the due dates you've got who the hell know when you'll go!! Maybe you're full term!

I honestly can't wait to have her so I can stop being pregnant and having to deal with weirdo doctors who can't agree on anything! If I ever get pregnant again can someone please remind me to move to the UK for 9 months so I can have a midwife!

Measuring ahead means you either have a whole lot of fluid, or you have GD and the baby is growing very large. Or your dates are incorrect. They will likely give you a growth scan.

Measurements are not always accurate and you should only go by one person measuring, not several.

I measured two weeks ahead in my last appointment, but I've got GD so that might be the culprit.

OoooOOOooh! Maybe you'll go early instead of overdue! Wouldn't that be nice, eh? :happydance:Keep us updated when you speak to your doctor!

i had a growth scan and baby is spot on, its all fluid, god i hope my waters dont break on my settee lol

Lou
xxx

I measured 3 weeks behind at 35 weeks but I was sent for a growth scan and Sam was above average size for 35 weeks...it really isn't the most accurate measurement. If baby's spine is right down the middle of your belly your fundal height will be greater than if their spine is down your side (as Sam's was).

Maybe she is just a big one and ready to come early for you though :D x

Hun, I'd ask for a growth scan asap. I've had two growth scans cause at 30 weeks I was measuring 34 weeks (4 weeks ahead) and LO was over 4lb and then I had another one at 37 weeks cause I was measuring 41 weeks (still 4 weeks ahead) and she's now over 9lb! Also, at my last appointment on Monday I was measuring 43 weeks even though I'm only 38 so 5 weeks ahead, same as you.

So yeah, when you see your doc or OB next, ask for a growth scan. GL! :D

Dont worry, either she's not measured so well or maybe like others have said she was lying in a funny position. Or maybe your LOs just had a massive growth spurt!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->