Meat / fish???

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by bev309, Oct 20, 2008.

1. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

I'm not in any rush to introduce meat or fish, but have tried a couple of jars recently as they said they were suitable for 4mths plus, but Jack HATES them - he will usually eat anything fruit or vegetable, but as soon as a meat or fish is introduced into the meal he will eat a little then spit it out & close his mouth. Do you think it is just too early for him, & to try again when he is about 7mths like I have seen on some websites? Anyone else been through this? (I'm sure you have:dohh:)

2. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I just gave max some meat last week , I tried chicken, lamb and beef and all 3 made him gag lol I think its the texture ..I bought a new brand now called MOTHER HEN its organic and actually smells and tastes great . I mixed in some vedgie and he ate it all ..

as for fish its recomended to wait till 8-9 months

3. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

Over here the meat / fish is incorporated into a meal such as 'grampas sunday dinner' which is chicken & veggies or 'fishermans pie' or something like that, & they are suitable from 4 mths even though I had heard you had to wait later too. I actually tried Jack again on the 'Sunday dinner' today & he ate it all!!! Will leave it a while now before I introduce anything else - at least I know he will eat chicken (unless he was just mega hungry :rofl:)