meat

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
when is the best time to introduce meat and how do you do it?

I think generally its 7 months but thats more going on weather your weaned at 6 months so that you can see how they get on with veg first. But if you weaned at say 4 months it should be fine to introduce meat earlier.
Just make sure if your making the food yourself that you use a food processor to finly mince it, as most meat is to cheewy for a baby with no teeth!! so mince and add to what you would give them normally. good to try things like shepards pie or spag bol. Or minced chicken or fish in cheese sauce with brocolli and potato and stuff.

not sure when to introduce it now they keep changing the goal posts. I've always pureed it down with veg to start with. Then as lo gets bigger leave it coarser til they big enough to eat small lumps.

Not much help really that is it sorry.

I give jacob a chunk of meat to hold and he's only 10 months. Been giving him it like that since he was about 6 months old. He loves a chop... he'll rip at it with his 6 teeth... half an hour later i'll find clumps of meat stuck in his cheeks.

x

my 2 dont have that much meat because i dont eat meat i hate cookinng it every sunday i make a roast though

i first gave Harley it at 6months
he likes lumps of chicken now ans chomps on it lol he only has a coulp of front teeth

About 6-8 months. I think its something to do with their kidneys not being mature enough before then to deal with high amounts of protein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->