Medela Swing losing suction

kermy

Reaction score
Hi ladies
has anyone experienced any problems with a medela swing pump losing suction? Even on max I can barely feel it! Certainly not what it used to be.

Is there anything I can try at home or do I need to take it back?
Can't be without it at the moment though!!

Can anyone help??
Thanks in advance!

Hi, this won't be much help, but the last time I used mine this same thing happened. I leant it to my sister and she can't get anything out either and she is bf twins and can express 8oz from a manual pump. She tried the trouble shooting from the instructions, so I guess I will send it back to Amazon and get my money back as I am not exclusively bf anymore.

Quite annoyed to be honest as its bloody expensive and meant to be one of the best :(

Try connecting the tube in firmly, also make sure the valve is on firm too... See if that helps, it normally works with mine!

It happened to mine and I discovered that there was a slight tear in the white membrane covering the valve.. got it replaced and it worked fine.. also try to make sure that the sponge piece inside the battery lid is dry..

I'm having this problem too! At first I thought that it was because the soft fit breast shield was warped, so I replaced that. It hasn't changed anything. Then I thought it was because the connector needed replacing as it didn't seem to seal when screwed to the bottle so would leak milk. I've replaced that too and it still leaks! Does anyone have this leaking problem? I'm really annoyed as I only express once a day and the problems started after only about 5 weeks of use.

Mine was rubbish too... lst a lot of suction, I tried everything but it just wouldnt work properly. I was so annoyed.. as like someone else said, it is one of the more expensive ones. I went back to using the Tommee Tippee one x

Thanks everyone.

I phoned the Medela helpline and she has suggested some of the same things... Making sure the White membrane isn't damaged and sits flat against the valve and also the breastshield bit... Mine is a bit warped so I'll see if any of these work.

If not there is a 1 year warranty so it'll certainly be going back!!

Does anyone have the leaky problem? It leaks between the connector and the bottle, through the screw cap bit...

I replaced the white valve bit when this happened and it seemed to cure the problem - they're cheap on Amazon.

Does anyone have the leaky problem? It leaks between the connector and the bottle, through the screw cap bit...

yes I do. I noticed it when the unit tipped over by accident just after expressing. I thought it was me not tightening it up enough.

I still rate the unit though, especially over my TT which I used for the first few weeks :thumbup:

i had the loss of suction problem mine turned out to be the tubing brought a new one and the problem has gone away :) i guess it some how got blocked even though nothing had gone in the tubing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->