Medela Swing

CurlyK

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any thoughts, opinions, experience of the Medela Swing breastpump>? x

Great pump, best around. Two motions is as close to babies natural rhythm as you can get, starts fast and then slower. You can change the strength as well to suit your optimum pumping strength! Go for it, expensive but worth it!

I've got nothing to compare it to but I love mine. Very easy to use, not too noisy and very comfortable. Worth the money.

Does it take long to pump enough for one feed? How many weeks had you been BF before you started to pump? x

I think it's great, I can pump an ounce a minute...but speed / yield will depend on your individual let down reflex, supply etc. I would highly recommend it.

I personally recommend a double electric cuts pumping time in half I live my medela pump in style

I found it worked great. I only used it a few times but manages with it very well.

Love mine. I'm a sahm, though, so I'm only pumping once or twice a day. If I were going back to work, I'd get the more expensive double. I started pumping right away!

yeah, depends on your usage. If you're exclusively pumping or going back to work while still BFing then you will probably want a double.
Honestly, I don't know if I'd buy one before your child is here if you can help it. I thought I would exclusively BF but it took us weeks to get the latch correct. I rented a pump for the first couple months then could have moved to exclusively BFing but I was going back to work so I bought a double pump.

If you bought the single and ended up in the situation I was in, you might regret spending the money.

I say, research the ones you like so you know what you want to get for different scenarios, then buy when you actually need it since you don't know what circumstances will be like. If breastpumps were re-sellable or returnable I would say go for it now.

Pumping usually takes 15minutes of actual pump time. So using a single that is 30 minutes of pumping. A double would only be 15 minutes.

Again, all depends on your usage. If you are going to feed on one side and pump on the other, a single is fine. If you're only going to pump once a day or less, a single is usually fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->