Medical interaction

M

Manicmum

Anyone else thinking of limiting medical interaction with this pregnancy , I hd 6 others and the appointments make me scared and panicky, to the point last 2 pregnancy I panic seizures , I get nervous if I am left too long in the consultant room which results in panic seizures ( last pregnancy the consultant called me to his office and left me say there for 40mins, I started panicking and had a seizure.
I figured I would have a chat with my midwife and work out what's important , I never have the nuchal test or the downs test ️anyway,
I just want to limit my time at the hospital and the worry ,
Anybody else planning This

I tend to try to have as natural pregnancies as possible, but seeing how this is baby 6 and i want it to be homebirth #4 and I have big babies that are always born around 42wks then they like to try to stress me out with lots of appointments. I do my reading and research and normally know more about what they want to talk to me about then they do. I have turned down a few appointments normally the "post dates" and "expected management" ones for me if i tick some of their boxes by getting a GTT done and seeing the consultant 2wice then they are more likely to accept that I know what I am on about and have considered the risks and made an informed choice about my pregnancy and place of birth and then they leave me to it

I think that's what I want, I know I am going to have to be monitored to some extent as I had a paper thin womb with my last pregnancy, and they saying a ecs my way forward , but the way I see it they can't prevent anything only halt it so I obviously will see the consultant before hand and towards the end but as little as possible I think , I wud of loved a home birth or water birth ��

Have you talked to your doctor's about the situation? They should try to accommodate you by getting you in and out!

I'm limiting the things I want done with this pregnancy - already went head to head with the midwife on Thursday about some of the things. (turned down the pap smear, Rhogam shot since we're both A-, etc). Not having any testing done either to check for genetic disorders.

It's your right to refuse to have something done, so if you're uncomfortable with them be strong and tell them so. They might complain or try to talk you into it, but in the end it's your body and pregnancy. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->