Medical management at 8/9 weeks?

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Sadly I had a scan yesterday and it turns out baby's heart has stopped beating.
I was slightly further along than I thought at 8 1/2 weeks.. Has anyone had a medical miscarriage at this stage and gone home immediately after the second lot of tablets/pessaries?
I'm booked in for one next Thursday (for the first lot of tablets) & Saturday for the second lot and I Really Really do not want to stay in hospital for it. When I talked to the doctor, he said I would be able to go home, but I'm afraid the nurses will pressure me to stay in on the day :(

I had a medically managed mc at 9 weeks last year. I did have to stay in for the day - to be honest I didn't know it was an option not to. I went in at 8, was given pills at 9 am and 2pm and was allowed home at 6pm. I passed baby around 11am.

I'm so very sorry for your loss :hugs:

My baby stopped growing at 7 wks 2 days, but we didn't know until 10 wks 2 days. I took misoprostol orally at home, but I'm in the US. Idk how they handle it in the UK.

I had medical management for my first mmc with baby measuring 8+3. I had to stay in hospital but I'm glad I did. It was manageable but passing the baby was quite painful, physically and emotionally, and I would hate to have to deal with it at home and also have the memories there. I opted for a d&c this time, which was much easier for me. Changed my mind actually, after having booked in for medical management again, because it was a week away and I was terrified I'd miscarry at home.
Only you can know what's right for you and I don't know if you've experienced this before, but if you haven't, my advice would be to play it safe and stay in hospital. All the best and hope your weeks goes quickly.

Thanks everyone, sorry you've been through this too :hugs: I have been through it before, it was in hospital and it was painful but manageable. The pain was over within an hour and I'd say only became so painful I had to curl up bed for about 15 minutes. They kept me in for 6 hours in total though.
No one IRL knows about it apart from my OH, so I'd have in hospital on my own which is scary.

I had medical management at 9 weeks once, everything happened at home. They did require me to have a support person. So sad for you :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->