Medical Supplies

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Okay, what should I have on hand when she comes in terms of medical stuff? Baby painkillers, fever meds, what do I need!?! Also, I've read in some places that its good to have some sort of colic stuff on hand but I can't remember what its called, and if its actually a must-have?

For colic i've got a bottle of gripe water (use from a month up) a bottle of Infacol that can be used from birth & I swear by it :)

Also got a bottle of calpol which can be used from 2 months & a digital thermometer :)

Thats my medical kit

I've got a thermometer and some Infacol. Not too sure about fever meds, etc. It can't hurt to be prepared though.

I have infacol, as I've been told it works wonders if Baby suffers with colic.

We also have a digital thermometer, and a dummy that you can put medicine into to make it easier for Baby to take. We'll get something like Calpol, but I think they can only have that from 2+ months.

We had a thermometer, Infant Tylenol, rubbing alcohol, cotton swabs, and saline drops for the nose

What about vitamin D drops, aren't those essential if you are going to breast feed?

Vitamin D is used when you breastfeed, not sure why but I don't think mom's milk provides enough Vit D. Formula feeders don't need to use the supplement as the formula has it in it.

Vitamin D is used when you breastfeed, not sure why but I don't think mom's milk provides enough Vit D. Formula feeders don't need to use the supplement as the formula has it in it.

So it's a supplement for the baby? How is it taken?

Edit: Just found this: https://uk.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUKL2833623420071228 Things stateside sound like they are somehow supplementing the baby's diet, but this suggests the UK are advising supplements for the mother.

Just for information for anyone who's interested, Vit D comes in vegetable fats, diary products and eggs.

My health visitor said something about these once but didn't say they were essential....none of mine had them:blush:

anbesol which is good for teething maybe baby bonjela if u can get it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->