Medicated IUIs vs natural / financing

mirandala

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm considering whether I need to start medicating.

I'm 29 and a couple years ago was diagnosed with reduced ovarian reserve. I've been trying to get pregnant since, and have done 6 unmedicated at-home IUIs with frozen sperm. The first was successful though ectopic and no luck since.

What do you think? When did you start medicating? I have been doing this all without the supervision of a fertility doctor (just with a midwife) and think maybe it's time to medicate.

I'm based in the US (bay area) and also quite concerned about finances of medicated routes. Any thoughts on cost effective options?

Thank you!

Hi all!

I'm considering whether I need to start medicating.

I'm 29 and a couple years ago was diagnosed with reduced ovarian reserve. I've been trying to get pregnant since, and have done 6 unmedicated at-home IUIs with frozen sperm. The first was successful though ectopic and no luck since.

What do you think? When did you start medicating? I have been doing this all without the supervision of a fertility doctor (just with a midwife) and think maybe it's time to medicate.

I'm based in the US (bay area) and also quite concerned about finances of medicated routes. Any thoughts on cost effective options?

Thank you!

If you have confirmed ovulation every month that you have done IUI's I think I would go to the doctor with the diagnosis that you have been given. Sometimes they might just put you on clomid or a trigger shot to up your chances. Neither of these were covered by insurance for me, Clomid was around 20 dollars a month, trigger shot was around 100. What costs the most for me was the ultrasound to monitor follicles, but I felt like it was worth to take a look at and make sure everything was working right. I think they were around 250 an ultrasound. Its hard to decide, but just something you and your partner need to outweigh your options. Hoping for clarity for you!

I've been doing the IUI's at home with a midwife, so I haven't had confirmed ovulation necessarily. I think the monitoring would be super helpful. Thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->