Medication and TTC..

katertots

Reaction score
Okay ladies, I know that if you are pregnant you are not supposed to take rx sleeping meds. However, I have not recieved a BFP and last night I was exhausted but figgity, I could not get myself to rest and sleep, I am 8dpo today. I have had some symptoms but I am trying not to read into it because I dont want to get my hopes up. I took an ambien at 9pm, and at 9:45p felt sick as a dog, very nauseated. I finally went to sleep, and never threw up. But I feel like maybe that was my body rejecting the meds bc of a fetus. When I was 16, I got pregnant and I felt sick when I took my meds (before I knew I was pregnant), just like this.

Tell me ladies what you think? Obviously I am not going to take ANY meds anymore, because I dont want to harm the baby. Do you think this is a sign?

:dohh:

It sounds like it could be if it happened to you before.

Good luck :thumbup:

Hi Katertots,
I think you're definatley doing the right things not getting your hopes up yet, it's such a let down at the end of the 2ww when you get a BFN. I'm not sure whether it's a sign on not, as I don't know what kind of PMS you experience. But I know with my PMS, I often experience nausea. However, you did say it feels the way you felt before so it sounds like a good sign!

Good luck!

X

Thank you both so much, I just needed peice of mind. Wanted to make sure that does not sound like I am imagining it. My mom swears I am preg, but I want to see the BFP before I even go there. Hugs to you both! Thanks

Sleeping meds are the only things that get me to sleep. I never knew you weren't supposed to take them when ttc, but yes you can be pregnant if you're getting nauseated.

I have taken sleeping meds on and off for 5 years. I hope that one time and a few times last week didnt hurt the in question baby, if there is one :D

im not sure if they contain any of the same ingredients but my doctor said to take tylenol pm if i can sleep because it isnt known to harm the baby. i also took it the last trimester in my last pregnancy. My son doesnt have adverse effects from it so id suggest if your having sleeping problems take some tylenol pm

I'm a labor and delivery nurse and we give our pregnant patients ambien all the time. I'm sure it's not something you should do every night but an occasional ambien shouldn't effect the baby. It's always best to go without any kind of medication but sometimes they are necessary.

Doctor and Midwife suggested I took Unisom with B6 for morning sickness. Unisom is a sleep medication (check the active ingredient is Doxylamine, i think its the sleep tabs that is, some of the unisom are made with a different ingredient) Anyway, the mix of the two helps you sleep and works as an anti nausea measure. If you are pregnant it won't hurt and could be a good way to feel brighter when you wake up!

I am in the US. I am not sure if you can get in the UK?

Yay!!! Thank you very very much! I am at ease now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->