Medication for morning sickness?

littledreams

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been prescribed Cyclizine 50mg tablets as my nausea is effecting my fluid intake drastically...I wondered if anybody has already been prescribed this and is taking it and whether they believe it to be safe?

I really wanted some help and now that I have it I am suddenly feeling apprehensive. I would be grateful for any kind of feedback.

I took cyclizine in my previous pregnancy as ive had HG in every pregnancy apart from this one. For me personally it didn't work so was given zofran instead. There are so many horror stories regarding anti sickness meds, but after losing so many babies and the extreme sickness playing such a huge part in the losses Id rather take the meds. Plain and simple doctors wouldn't be allowed to prescribe it if it were dangerous. Everything you do in life comes with a risk. But it's about weighing up those risks and deciding what's more benificial. For me the risk of losing my baby from the sickness was higher than any risk the medication posed so it was a no brainer for me. Just do what's best for you! Hope you feel better soon!

I have had cyclizine in a couple of pregnancies and it worked wonders for me. I'm nervous about taking anything in pregnancy but being dehydrated and being unable to function wasn't good either
The only side effect I had was that it made me very tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"