Medicine -- how?

MotherBeth

Reaction score
My two year-old has a fever, but I can't get the medicine to go down. I squirt it in and she makes a face like I've tortured her and then spits it out. How do you do it? I need her to swallow this so her forehead will cool ....

Put it in her yogurt.

Anna would happily take anything off a spoon.

But, yes, mix in with anything and it should go down.

Hope your girl is feeling better soon!:flower:

if you have a syringe aim for the back of the cheek and close the mouth and do it in small amounts
Maybe try a spoon?

shakiel will only take medicine off a spoon try that or like others have said mix it in something that you know she'll eat
good luck

i squirt little amounts into zanes mouth at a time while hes lying down so he has to swallow, or give him a bottle straight after so it goes down with water or juice. if zanes ill enough to need machine he wont eat so no point in me putting it in his food

I add it to 1 oz of milk when it's time for his milk feed. I dont add it to a full bottle as he might not drink it all. I prepare 2 feeds, 1 oz with med & the remaining in another bottle. He will throw up if I try a syringe or a spoon. Hope she gets better soon hun xx

You all are so amazing. You're always there in a crisis! It's so funny, cause I don't know any of you, but you're the first ones I ask!

Thank you so much. Mixing it into the yogurt is what worked.

God bless you!

You all are so amazing. You're always there in a crisis! It's so funny, cause I don't know any of you, but you're the first ones I ask!

Thank you so much. Mixing it into the yogurt is what worked.

God bless you!

I'm really glad you found something that worked. Gabriel gets a liquid multivitamin every day and I've always mixed it into his yogurt and he's none the wiser. :thumbup:

i mix it in a 4 oz bottle of boiled water or a bit of juice and she drinks it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->