medicines etc for silent reflux

nicole_

Aidy's Mummy
Reaction score
almost 100% sure aidy has it, going doctors in an hour anyway
but i was just wondering what sort of things youve all used.
i just keep seeing threads about how all the things youve been given have made it worse/constipation etc lol
are they all going to do this?

Most the meds they give you make the milk thicker.. Causing constipation. I used gaviscon and it made my LO so constipated :(
I took her off it and tried cow& gate confort but she couldnt keep that down so now on sma staydown..
Xx

Ranitidine, stops/reduces the acid being produced.
Gaviscon but thats more for pukey reflux.
Domperidone (sp?) Emptys tummy quicker.

Not sure on anything else, good luck x

Gaviscon/thicker milk like SMA Staydown is normally the first step
Them domperidone(motilum) and/or ranitidine(zantac) like bathbabe said
And then the next step is omeprazole(losez)/lansaprole(prevacid) (or something) which is stronger and more adult sized dose.

Sooooo bad I know all that and I am so not a doctor :rofl:

thanks for that ladies, im hoping i dont end up with a constipated baby lol
also hoping im not told to change milk as ive just bought 108 cartons of sma gold :( lol

got given gaviscon but really put off putting it in his feed :(
GP wants to see him again in 24 hours to check him incase his random sudden unsettling is something more serious. hes had a nice nap now though but bought quite a bit of milk up which hes never done before. maybe he has loud reflux lol

loud reflux :rofl: in that case we have maximum volume reflux :rofl:

Gaviscon worked for us at first, I know some people say it can cause constipation but its not always the case. :hugs:

we were prescribed ranitidine, and I hated the stuff! Made ava super miserable and pukey.

We were prescribed Zantac but he didn't take well to it at all! It made him sick and constipated. Whats worse is when i took him to his pediatrician about it they said it slowed down his heart rate very badly and said he couldn't use it anymore.

They recommended using Enfamil AR which is thicker and helps babies keep the milk in their tummies. He still spits up but at least he's a happy chunker now! It used to cause him so much pain to spit up :(

I know medicine can help wonders for some mommies though so i think its best to just see what the doctor says and try it out. If LO doesn't take well to medication you can always stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"