Meditation, pregnancy yoga?

mommyjuly2011

Waiting for Baby Girl!
Reaction score
I have boughten three dvd's today, one for pregnancy yoga, one for another regular yoga, and a core-strengthening weight loss pilates dvd for after baby is born. Has anyone tried meditation and pregnancy yoga, either or, and felt better in any ways? I am realllllly needing to feel better in general, mood and body.....:baby:

Yoga always makes me feel better. Before I got pregnant, I went to this very "hippie", crunchy yoga class, complete with gongs and incense and chanting. I thought it was utter crap, and I still do, and sometimes I had to laugh quietly to myself. But at the end of every session, I'd walk out feeling amazing and relaxed yet full of energy and happy. I had to stop going when I got pregnant, since the instructor said the class wasn't right for pregnancy, and I haven't found a cheap enough prenatal class.

Last week, my husband asked me to promise him that once the baby came, I'd start going to yoga again, because he said he could see the change in me after yoga class, and he thinks it was really beneficial.

I have a pre-natal yoga DVD that I do sometimes, but it's definitely not the same as my weekly two-hour class. I do feel better afterwards, like my limbs are loose and my back usually stops hurting for a while.

Hi everyone, I started my daisy birthing classes yesterday and am so happy with them!
If anyone is looking for a mixture of pregnancy yoga, relaxation, hypno and active birthing, then I really recommend these classes! Just one class made me much more confident about the prospect of labour and I felt so relaxed afterwards. Was a great way to end the working week and start the weekend!
Just google daisy birthing if you're interested (apparently they are national now)

prenatal yoga has been the best! I found a free class at luluemon (I think it's everywhere) and I was hooked.

I've been doing prenatal yoga and love it! It definitely helps me with the pregnancy aches and pains (back and hips) and I feel better throughout the day. Also some of the poses are the same ones my midwife told us to do during labor to help baby move downward so it's good practice for labor as well.

I go to pregnancy yoga classes, and they really help me relax and concentrate on my breathing and the babys movements. Also the positions help your posture and balance. I don't know how good the DVD would be but I would definately recommend joining a class.

I have been going to preggy yoga classes and they are so good, my body is craving the stretching! My ante natal classes now clash with yoga so Im going to have 121 sessions with the teacher for a few weeks as i cant miss them i will seize up!

I do want to do Pilates after as its meant to be fab for getting stomach back to normalish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->