Memory box?

Rach276

Reaction score
What things sort of things should we put in there?

Clipping of hair, hospital tags...Thats all i can think of atm!

We bought a newspaper and a bus ticket to go in there too, trying to look for ideas on the net but having no luck

I have loads in ours already. Umbilical chord (bit gross, I know), hospital tags, my first mother's day card, the hat she wore after she was born, my favourite first babygrow, notes I made when I was staying in hospital after she was born, that kind of thing.

I've got my first mothers' day card, along with some "congratulations" cards from close family/friends. Also the hospital tags and the outfit he came home from hospital in too. I've even kept a cork from a champagne bottle when we all toasted his birth! Stuff like that. Basically anything I see as time goes on that i think i'd like to keep - goes in the memory box. Please note though that my memory box is HUGE and also has a lot of my wedding things in.

I've also kept a diary since Christmas (Harry was born in Feb), and plan to carry it on. It's mainly of things that Harry and I have done since he was born, things he's learnt to do etc etc. I've also taken lots of photos and I get them printed every month and put them in the album straight away in date order so it matches up with the diary.

i have quite a bit in mine now, i have things like..
my pregnancy test :rofl:, my scan pics, hospital tags, her first dummy her first hat and babygro mothers day cards, 1st paintings just little things that at the time i thought.. ooo im gonna save that :rofl::rofl: x

Scan pics, hospital tags, the newspaper clipping from her birth being announced, her first bottle of formula, her coming home outfir, first onsie, lock of hair... I have quite a lot of things actually :blush:

We've put in all her 'firsts' like mothers day cards, a few congrats cards from when she was born, her first on a swing, in her car seat etc

Things that I think will make us all smile when we look back in many years at an overflowing box xx xx

I just read all those posts and am now crying. Hahaha im so emotional. Thinking about him growing up already. Thanks girls some lovely ideas there :)

I just read all those posts and am now crying. Hahaha im so emotional. Thinking about him growing up already. Thanks girls some lovely ideas there :)

Bless you honey, I do the same!

What are we like us emotional mummy types, although best feeling in the world eh??!!

:hugs:

i have hospital bands, gonna put first lock of hair, first tooth etc I did have a box full of newspapers etc but ex took it upon himself to take them.

I would get a babys first year book also, their great to fill out dates off first things, who the pm was when your baby was born, price of a stamp, newspaper cuttings from their first day etc and then all the typical stufff scans, first tooth, lock of hair, pregnancy test lol I kept mine, Anything that has sentimental value to you!!!!

Emms is 1 yr now and I have got a 1st 5 yrs book to put photos and record stuff but also a memory box. I put in stuff like cards, Christening stuff, pictures that she has done with her childminder, I am keeping her 1st shoes, swimming costume, little sleepsuit etc.
I am doing an on-line blog which only my OH and sister can see to record what happens as you forget so easily! x

We've filled the first box and are onto the second lol. We have the hospital tags, newspapers from the day she was born, new baby cards, her first real pair of shoes, first birthday cards, letters from her Nanny in england etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->