Memory Loss in Pregnancy

Dobsd

Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy (first one ended in early miscarriage 5 years ago) and each pregnancy, I have experienced 'transient global amnesia'.
Basically, out of the blue my memory goes. I can't remember where I am, who I am, the people I'm around. My short term memory becomes none existent. I can be told something and 5 seconds later, I'm asking again.
The longest my memory has gone was about 8 hours (first pregnancy). Last time it lasted for a few hours and this time it was about 5 hours. Has anybody else experienced this? I suffer from aura migraines too and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with hormone levels being increased? If anyone has experienced this please let me know as I'm feeling very alone and scared!

Hey girl. I haven't experienced this myself but I wanted to offer my support *hugs* Have you seen a doctor about this at all?

I saw the doctor the second time it happened, in my last pregnancy. They didn't seem to know much about it as it is quite rare. I didn't bother going to he doctor this time though because I didn't see the point in paying $40 again to be told 'I don't know'...
Just thought I'd ask here to see if anybody else experiences this, but I think it is unlikely.

Thankyou for your reply :)

I saw the doctor the second time it happened, in my last pregnancy. They didn't seem to know much about it as it is quite rare. I didn't bother going to he doctor this time though because I didn't see the point in paying $40 again to be told 'I don't know'...
Just thought I'd ask here to see if anybody else experiences this, but I think it is unlikely.

Thankyou for your reply :)

Well that's stupid. Are you still seeing the same doctor? I would go for a second opinion if you are. Blacking out for periods of time does not sound normal, nor does it sound safe. I can't believe they just said "Sorry, I don't know" and sent you on your way!

I know this is an old thread so no one will probably respond however this just happened to me. I went to my family doctor who then referred me to the emergency room. The incident started out with my husband and I both getting food poisoning on a Monday then I lost all my memories from the weekend. The doctors I saw never called is transient global amnesia but afterwards when I did more research all the symptoms match up. It is very disturbing and I wish I knew more as to why it happened. My memories started coming back but during the attack I didn't remember the events that took place Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. If anyone can provide more insight on this I would like to know your story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->