Men!! Bit of a whine!

mummyruston

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
So I'm having a convo with oh about kids, families etc and we get onto the subject of baby no 2 (I'm 32wks with no1) and he has the cheek to say its a big consideration as being pregnant is hard...

So I wait for him to clarify what he means - and he means hard on him!!

Seriously! So I jokingly said I didn't realise your hipsand pelvis have widened keeping you up at night? I didn't realise you had out on wait and have lost your entire identity, I didht realise you were suffering so badly...

His response!? It's not a cOmpetition but it has effected me too...,

Can you believe???????

I think pregnancy is hard on men in a different way than it is hard on us, actually. At least, for some men. My husband doesn't seem to care that I'm expanding enormously fast... the main thing my pregnancy has affected for him is how often he gets laid and an almost total cessation of BJs. :rofl:

It definitely affects the fathers too, though. If you're tossing and turning at night, trying to sleep, you're probably waking him up too. If you're grumpy because you're exhausted, feel huge, and in pain all over... that's not exactly fun to live with. If you've had a worrisome pregnancy that has had complications, the worry is there for him, too.

Pregnancy happens to our bodies, but it doesn't just affect the mother. Physically its easier on the fathers, but I wouldn't immediately assume that its mentally/emotionally easy for them.

:hugs:

My OH thinks its hard on him cos he has to listen to me moan and help more around the house,

If only huh!

LOL. Bring a taser with you to the hospital and shock him every time you get a contraction. That'll stop the whining!

:haha: im sure it chnages them slightly but they really have no idea what we go through!

His nervous about watching me go into labour! ermmmmmmmmm i gotta push the baby Out lOL

:haha: im sure it chnages them slightly but they really have no idea what we go through!

His nervous about watching me go into labour! ermmmmmmmmm i gotta push the baby Out lOL

:haha: mine is nervous because he really doesn't like hospitals...!!! :dohh:

My fella, although he wouldn't admit it, finds it hard that all the attention isn't on him! He loves being looked after to the point that I am pretty sure he looks forward to getting a slight sniffle so that I can run around after him like a child!! So the role reversal has been hard for him... he struggles to ever ask me how I am so I make a point of telling him regardless. Sometimes I really just want to punch him :) Couldn't live without him mind you x

wow... ok my hubby swears up and down that my lack of sleep isnt keeping him up ( lie! everytime i get in or out of bed, make a noise, or even try to sit up he wakes up askes what i need and if im ok)

we have already had the child #2 discussion ( i am preggo with #1) and we agree there wont be a planned #2... (at this time) because he is concerned with how much trouble i have had with this pregnancy... ( what he fails to admit is that i have been a raving lunatic, :blush: )

all in all he is concerned about all of... he likes to play the macho man... and tells me the other day to suck it up... ( he has had numerous surgeries in the past 3 years after an accident, and came thru all the pain etc..)

i just cant get him to realize that our world is going to be even more upside down than it is now when she finally arrives....:dohh:

this thread has tested my pelvic floor to the max......

men, what would we do without them.....

i think we should cut our baby daddies some slack.

especially for first time fathers this is as much of big change in their lives as it is ours. Apart from helping round the house they cant do that much to make us feel any better and they struggle to understand what its like - thats not their fault, blame mother nature for that one!

I dont think mums have the monopoly on tired sleepless nights and worrying about "will i be a good parent?" "can we afford this?".

they simply can't empathise (biologically its impossible) but they can symapthise. then again they shouldnt sympathise too much because at the end of the day having the baby is our choice, we all went in with our eyes open and yeah sometimes we just need to suck it up!!!

let them make you tea, rub your back and help with your socks when you cant reach. men are proud beings and wont tell you about the worry and stress that pregnancy in a family unit brings, doesnt mean they aint feeling it!!

plus remember how much fun you had together making your little ones!!

Just popping in from second tri to say that I would have straight up murdered my husband if he said something like that to me... and I'm only 15 weeks pregnant. Can't imagine how irate I'd be later on... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->