Men!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Delamere19, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Delamere19

Delamere19 Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!

Hi ladies,

I just needed to post on here to let off some steam. Had a fall out with my OH last night. He was feeling sorry for himself cos I have been distant. I hate self pity and I could have killed him. I didnt even do anything to set it off yesterday. I know my hormones have been making me feel irritable but honest to god I really hated him last night. I came to my mums and stayed here the night.

He needs to understand that stress is something me or the baby needs.

Hate men sometimes!

Cath x

2. Lyrah

Lyrah Mummy to my beautiful H<3

:hugs:

Hope everything is better today and that he understands.

xxx

3. minttea

minttea Well-Known Member

Have you been distant though?

Self pity is really annoying, but if there's a genuine reason for it then what's he supposed to do other than try and talk to you about it?

4. rattlegirl28

rattlegirl28 Well-Known Member

The thing is you have just found out you are pregnant and it is a time of change for both of you. Maybe buy him a book about pregnancy from a male point of view? How are you feeling? If you are feeling ill or hormonal then of course you will be quiet or a bit irritable. All you can do is reassure him you love him but will need some understanding.

I hope you have worked things out today!

5. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

*hugs*
    i think my oh is finding it hard because at the moment, me being pregnant feels so not real to him. so while i'm experiencing everything about this pregnancy so far, it's hard for him to understand because his life hasn't changed much yet.
    xx

6. babydeabreu

babydeabreu Blessed Family of two :)

i think talking to him bout ur feeling and try listening to hes will help you both understand what ur going through. if he feels left out then letting him talk to you and trying to work together will help the situation and make it less irrateting. both men and woman can be annoying but that one thing we love both our partners. you talk things out to help you both grow together...he probably feels left out dont no what to do as your carring hes child and wants to feel apart of it. you going to your mums wasnt probably the best idea as it just puts more distance between you both....is that what you want??

why have you distance your self from your partner? im highly emotional and sometimes ok alot of the time now seem to snap at my parter for nothing..its not fair on him but we talk and he understands.

i dont no im not telling you what you should or shouldnt be doing all im saying is..its hard for both of us and to make us work talking calmly and trying to find the fun in things helps...i try not to distance myself regardless how annoying he is or upset i get..hes in this with me without him i feel lost....when i feel upset i go and cuddle him and even when im annoyed at him for no reason haha 3 minutes later i sit with him to stay close to make him feel that i still want him :)

hope you both can come to an arrangment and talk thing through.

lyns xx