mens priorities!!

MrsHart2b

Mummy to Oliver & due 2nd
Reaction score
hey girlies, I am due on the 19th June and my oh has pointed out tonight how "he" has timed this pregnancy well so that he has his paternity leave when the world cup is on!! he also advised that if I go into labour when england are playing then I have to to hospital by myself!! hehe cheeky sod! he is of course jokin, but it's funny the way men think!! hehe were worried about the important things and there working out timings of football ect!! :D xxx

haha tbh I'm a huge football fan as well and the world cup did cross my mind!! My DH is a Man Utd fan and he's already joking about a boy called Wayne etc etc!

haha, or waynetta??? ;) my oh is a Leeds supporter, his best friends are too and when they were expecting there little boy (before they knew the sex) they were contemplating calling it ellen rose, the stadium is called elland road!! mental! I don't mind football I watch England but don't support a team, I'm a rugby league fan!x

My hubby is the same - he wants me to go overdue so that his paternity leave will co-incide with the world cup :wacko:

He also suggested postponing his pat leave for a few weeks if i'm on time - I went nuts, he would leave me with our new born child in the name of football?!?!?!

I hope I go early just to spite him!! Just how much football does he think he'll be able to watch when there is a baby to care for!!!

Nicola - my b/f said exactly the same thing to me! He is actually planning to postpone his pat leave. I can almost see his mind whirring about when to start getting the beers in.

Can't wait for the World Cup and the fact that i am going to get to watch it all!! Love it!

Nicola - my b/f said exactly the same thing to me! He is actually planning to postpone his pat leave. I can almost see his mind whirring about when to start getting the beers in.

They're cheeky buggers aren't they?!? I don't think mine would actually dare to delay his leave starting but I do think he'll have his fingers crossed that I go late so he can watch as much as possible!

At our hospital the parentcraft classes are on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday night My husband insisted we booked our classes for Thursday nights. When i questioned him about this he said quite matter of factly it's because there is never any football on that night. The mid wife said the Thursday classes are the most popular for this very reason.

men eh!! they are def in for a shock if they think they will be able to relax with a beer and watch the footie when there is a newborn in the house!! my oh was laughing at his mate cos his wife has booked for them to go see pink on the 12th and that's englands first game of world cup against USA! I soon burst his bubble and told him to stop laughing cos they will be laughing at him whne he is at hospital with me and missing a game!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->