Menstrual cups for AF and TTC (Update page 3)

mmMlm

Reaction score
AF has arrived :growlmad: I am planning to try using Softcups or another menstrual cup while TTC this cycle to improve our chances.

I am trying them out now for use with AF to get practice positioning. During the day has been great (SO much better than tampons and pads) however I got big leakage at night. Is this normal, or did I have it positioned wrong? I am worried about leakage while TTC. :wacko:

Has anyone else used these or other styles of cup (DivaCup, etc) for AF and/or TTC? Any feedback?

I leaked all the time when using during AF so have up on that one.

I used a Diva cup on CD 12 and 14 in January and ended up conceiving. I did end up with a bit of a yeast infection but nothing horrible. We did miscarry sadly but I will be using the Diva again during TTC.

I've just used softcups for the first time this cycle. I didn't have any leakage and I had it in all night. I've not used them for AF though so can't comment on how thy worked that way xx

I used a Diva cup on CD 12 and 14 in January and ended up conceiving. I did end up with a bit of a yeast infection but nothing horrible. We did miscarry sadly but I will be using the Diva again during TTC.

Sorry to hear of your loss babypeanut! I conceived without softcups in August and also miscarried. It is taking longer to catch preg again so I hope it will help.
Do you just put it in right after BD?

I use the diva cup and haven't leaked unless I've had it in wrong. It takes a bit to get it right, but once you do, it's awesome. You have to fold it, insert it, then twist it at least 180 degrees so it starts to turn easily. It helps to "bear down" a bit when twisting, at least for me. You have to make sure it comes unfolded and forms a seal. Sometimes, I push it in a bit to make sure it has unfolded.

Anyway, I will never go back to tampons. It takes some getting used to, but I can go 12 hrs with no changing, workout, whatever...love it!

Sorry to hear of your loss babypeanut! I conceived without softcups in August and also miscarried. It is taking longer to catch preg again so I hope it will help.
Do you just put it in right after BD?

we are ttc again as doctor gave us the go ahead. Yes I just pop it in right after dtd

I use a mooncup UK for AF and I only had a leak once (while dining out, very unfortunate). I use the c-fold to bring the cup in. Then I release it and I mostly feel it very clearly when to cup opens up. To check if the cup is in place (which I only did in the beginning), I gently pull the stem. If your feel some resistance, you know it opened up well. You can also find some advise on the mooncup website.

Thanks ladies! So far with the softcup, I am finding insertion a bit weird but fine, removal is messy and feels gross but hey so does tampon removal. I would definitely like to try DivaCup or maybe mooncup for my next cycle, and I guess I will try the softcup out for TTC and hope for no leaks :)
It's definitely better than tampons & pads for me!

I just used the Softcup for the first time during my AF....I had an issue with it leaking on my heavy days, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do next time around (well, hopefully there won't be a next time!).

I have decided to use it for TTC, never really though it would help that much, but after seeing all this maybe it does?

Can someone explain why it helps? I know most people will say that the healthier sperm will be fine and all that leaks out anyway is the unhealthy ones?

I could be so wrong...

Hey ladies,
I highly recommend soft cups, I used them and just received my BFP, I was also on clomid but I think soft cups helped as well. I don't think the statement of healthy ones stay in and unhealthy ones don't is correct, I think it just matters on when your putting the soft cup in some semen may not get caught in it and is close to the vaginal opening so they would slip out. I always wore a panty liner to catch the ones that came out. It was especially helpful when we DTD in the morning and I would be on the go all day, I knew those suckers were staying in there!! :haha:
GL ladies.

Congratulations!! I used softcups for the first time this cycle. I'm currently 8dpo. I definitely noticed a difference in the amount of 'stuff' that DIDN'T come out of me straight away. Think I'm still out though. Not having any symptoms (trying not to symptom spot) and have AF type cramps and feeling starting xx

Wow congrats kiwilove! We are trying them out this cycle too, hope that I get the same result :D

Hey ladies,
I highly recommend soft cups, I used them and just received my BFP, I was also on clomid but I think soft cups helped as well. I don't think the statement of healthy ones stay in and unhealthy ones don't is correct, I think it just matters on when your putting the soft cup in some semen may not get caught in it and is close to the vaginal opening so they would slip out. I always wore a panty liner to catch the ones that came out. It was especially helpful when we DTD in the morning and I would be on the go all day, I knew those suckers were staying in there!! :haha:
GL ladies.

Congrats!!! So happy for you!!!

I used a Softcup after we BD'd Thursday night and I was shocked in the morning to see almost nothing in it when I took it out. I know some came out right away because I had to do the penguin walk to the bathroom but I normally leak for a while...fingers crossed it helped. I was also able to use preseed inside me (usually only have a chance to use it as a lube). We were only able to BD Thursday night and I'm pretty positive I ovulated yesterday.

Does anyone know if preseed looses it's purpose if it's in you 30-45 minutes before sex? The OH told me he was going to be home at a certain time so I put it in to be ready and then he was late.... :/

The instructions say you can put preseed in about an hour before xx

TMI ALERT

Ok so this might be the grossest thing I have ever admitted to, but dh and I dtd this afternoon and I put in my Diva cup after to keep everything in there as long as possible. I took it out 2 hours later, and because I was curious about the effectiveness of it holding the good stuff in, I looked at the "liquid" under a microscope. I know, I'm a weirdo! But I was shocked to see that there were still SO MANY swimmers still swimming! When we go again on Tuesday, I will leave it in a lot longer :) Hope I didn't gross anyone out too much lol

~Emilee

Cool, that is good to know Emilee! I have actually been thinking of doing the same thing :p just haven't gotten around to it.
I put the softcup in after BD and went to sleep, in the morning it look nice and slippery and wet inside (gags lol). I guess that the fertile mucus drips in as well and keeps the swimmers going, sheltered from the acidity of the vagina and since they are at body temperature they stay happy......... gross but amazing.
I tried it last night and had almost zero leakage this morning, seems to be a nice solution for TTC!

TMI ALERT

Ok so this might be the grossest thing I have ever admitted to, but dh and I dtd this afternoon and I put in my Diva cup after to keep everything in there as long as possible. I took it out 2 hours later, and because I was curious about the effectiveness of it holding the good stuff in, I looked at the "liquid" under a microscope. I know, I'm a weirdo! But I was shocked to see that there were still SO MANY swimmers still swimming! When we go again on Tuesday, I will leave it in a lot longer :) Hope I didn't gross anyone out too much lol

~Emilee

Still swimming???? Wow....I'm surprised at how many people around here have microscopes....I would actually love to see that. But would feel kind of guilty flushing them afterword! Haha

I left the Softcup in overnight...so hopefully they all got up there and are fighting over the egg right now :)

I totally did feel guilty! I considered putting it back in, but I figured I did enough damage by taking it out and exposing it to air and whatever germs that are in the air, so I decided against it. But now I know for next time to leave it in longer and let them find their way :)

~Emilee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"